Why do you have a limit of likes or replying?

SBYP = search before you post

It stands for " Search Before You Post". THT wants everyone to do this so the forum won't get clogged up with clones of topics.

My version of @Ella_13's reply: If you don't SBYP and your topic is like someone else's, someone will kindly tell your there is already a topic like yours and hopefully provide you with a link.

SBYP means search before you post. Basically before you post a topic you should search and see if anyone has a topic similar to urs.

If u don't SBYP but there is a topic like it then someone will kindly remind you to SBYP

We just don't want the forum clogged up with clones of the same topic

It's to prevent spam. Also, I believe there are quite a few topics which have answers.

Anyone know why people have limited likes though?

HAAAA I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO DEFINE IT

:3 boom

I think it's also to prevent spam.

Discourse intended them to only be for something you agree with, but it's a bit different here so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But exactly how would that help prevent spam?

I dunno tbh but my guess is that bots could boost stats for other users and Discourse doesn't want that.

Makes sense. I guess I should stop spam-liking LOL

Who the hec.k is discourse!!!! First I hear its a programming lang then I hear he is a person halp

Discourse is the company who runs and maintains the forums.

Discourse is the structure for this forum.
Here is the website: http://discourse.org

Oooh. Discourse, your forums are the best ha ha ha......

dont suspend me

Oh ok I will next time thanks.

I thought the reply limit was only in your first 24 hours.

Wait wut (I didn't make this account)

But to answer your question, @Hicoding, the reply limit is when you're a basic user. Discourse (the company who made the forum) doesn't want new users spamming, so you have a 24-hour reply limit.

After 24 hours have passed, there's no more reply limits! :D

Do you have any siblings that could have made that account?

Nope :0

It might be one of my neighbors tho, so it's fine :D