have fun with this "brief" read (or so I thought it was going to be) @staff
This bug is definitely weird, it doesn't 100% need to be patched (it doesn't seem to be making any part of the app unusable, just harder to use)
Really? It's that simple? This kinda makes me wonder how the buttons are formatted in the app... But I think I can suss out what exactly is happening.
does scientific methoding
Question: Why do the buttons on the number pad change order when you rotate the iPad twice?
BKG research (that which may be relevant):
- rotating the device causes the objects to move around, this is to allow all of the objects to fit on screen
- sometimes, scripts utilizing the same variable can activate at the same time, causing some weird things to happen to that variable
- hopscotch was/is made in Xcode
- Xcode, along with literally every other program ever, has bugs
- No program can execute instantaneously
- ios, along with literally every other program ever, has bugs
Hypothesis A: Cross contamination
when the iPad is rotated the scripts to translate and rotate the buttons on screen execute as normal, but some other script utilizing the same variables is also executing at the same time. The variable(s) used in some/all of these scripts get shuffled between 2 scripts at once, causing some buttons to be placed in the wrong slots in something similar to an html table. (probably fixable by THT)
Hypothesis B: Xcode decided to nope
- an error in exporting/compiling the program may have occurred, which would lead to some scripts having errors or executing incorrectly (cannot be fixed by THT)
Hypothesis C: ios decided to nope
- ios may have failed to execute some portion of the script correctly or at all (cannot be fixed by THT)
Hypothesis D: Syntax shall be your downfall!!!
- A small error in the code may have directly impacted the order in which the buttons were arranged; this may be a simple typo or a few lines that don't execute when the iPad changes orientation, even though they were originally intended to
I don't have access to Xcode or the current version of hopscotch so my input is based only on my own knowledge of how programming and computers work, so this can either be very useful or just flat out wrong. I kinda hope it's the first one and that it helps THT squash this bug.
I feel like I just did homework, but I did it by choice... weird XD