Who else's number keyboard looks like this sometimes

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: potter productions

What kind of device are you using?:
iPad mini....?

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was coding and when I went to the number keyboard this it randomly ended up looking weird and not in order
Steps to make the problem happen:
1. I don't know
2. Keyboard thing??
….

I expected this to happen:
Good keyboard
But instead this happened:
weird glitch thing

NO I AM SKIPPING THOSE STEPS gaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhh

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Chill.

And yah I've had this weird orientation glitch.

I've never had this before. It's probably a glitch. Maybe email THT at help@gethopscotch.com

Maybe they can fix it in their next update??

I think I've emailed them ten times already this month I don't wanna bother them anymore

Oh okay. It was just a suggestion​:slight_smile:

I also edited a grammar mistake in the title : D

It happens when you rotate your iPad once, then turn it back the other way

Yeah as the others have said, it has to do with rotating your device. Try to avoid rotating your device while coding and it is unlikely to occur again​:slight_smile:

have fun with this "brief" read (or so I thought it was going to be) @staff

This bug is definitely weird, it doesn't 100% need to be patched (it doesn't seem to be making any part of the app unusable, just harder to use)

Really? It's that simple? This kinda makes me wonder how the buttons are formatted in the app... But I think I can suss out what exactly is happening.

does scientific methoding

Question: Why do the buttons on the number pad change order when you rotate the iPad twice?

BKG research (that which may be relevant):

• rotating the device causes the objects to move around, this is to allow all of the objects to fit on screen
  • sometimes, scripts utilizing the same variable can activate at the same time, causing some weird things to happen to that variable
  • hopscotch was/is made in Xcode
  • Xcode, along with literally every other program ever, has bugs
  • No program can execute instantaneously
  • ios, along with literally every other program ever, has bugs

Hypothesis A: Cross contamination

when the iPad is rotated the scripts to translate and rotate the buttons on screen execute as normal, but some other script utilizing the same variables is also executing at the same time. The variable(s) used in some/all of these scripts get shuffled between 2 scripts at once, causing some buttons to be placed in the wrong slots in something similar to an html table. (probably fixable by THT)

Hypothesis B: Xcode decided to nope
- an error in exporting/compiling the program may have occurred, which would lead to some scripts having errors or executing incorrectly (cannot be fixed by THT)

Hypothesis C: ios decided to nope
- ios may have failed to execute some portion of the script correctly or at all (cannot be fixed by THT)

Hypothesis D: Syntax shall be your downfall!!!
- A small error in the code may have directly impacted the order in which the buttons were arranged; this may be a simple typo or a few lines that don't execute when the iPad changes orientation, even though they were originally intended to

I don't have access to Xcode or the current version of hopscotch so my input is based only on my own knowledge of how programming and computers work, so this can either be very useful or just flat out wrong. I kinda hope it's the first one and that it helps THT squash this bug.

I feel like I just did homework, but I did it by choice... weird XD