Who are the most influential people in hopscotch history

Hello! Steph here I’m formally known as Dragonmaster101 and now known as poison I was thinking about hopscotch and who the most influential people are. in my opinion I would say Coan Crosby and Fun. I would love to hear what y’all think however, ofc I have made many inevations including lighting models and real time shadows yet I don’t believe I would be apart this list which is why I would love y’all’s perspectives! @Dragon_Riders @omtl

28 Likes

I’m so honored to have made the list! Thank you so much! :heart::pray:

As a long time HSer, I do think we shouldn’t forget Valgo, MagmaPop and FoodDelivery, these are to me, and to many OG hopscotchers I believe, my first inspirations. These were the pioneers of Hopscotch and absolute legends to anyone who was on Hopscotch before 2020ish, it’s sad to see they’ve been forgotten but they truly are the biggest legends of the early days, and I think it’d be hard for a new Hopscotchers to understand just how inspiring these three were in their times.

Also Awesome_E should be number 1 on the list in my opinion. From the Siri shortcut to the web explorer, he absolutely revolutionised HS, and I think the HS community is lucky to have him. I don’t think there are many communities with such a devoted member tbh.

24 Likes

Ofc everyone has co tributes on their own way but a small shout out to ~

Awesome_e: as fundardo said you really are super devoted to hs and have added many revolutionary additions!

Coan: Really complex and interesting projects! Balanciv is made really interestingly (how it uses perspectives) and it’s really cool!

Crosby: Super cool platformer and really good at math! You are also inspiring and helping newer HS’ers which is not something i see that much as I feel like most people always focus on what hs used to be, but you are growing the newer Hopscotchers and teaching them to make their own legacy’s!

Madi: My biggest inspiration, you are such a good designer and artist your games are really well crafted and put together with no corners cut at all!

I also really appreciate magmapop and valgo!

But really there are lots of great coders on here and this list will only grow with time as I already see lots of people that will eventually build up a great legacy on here and it’s exciting to see!

21 Likes

Thanks. I’m hoping my latest platformer will be one of the most innovative and fun platformers in Hopscotch History.

If I were to pick another person who is influential and innovative, I’d say Spy Guy 96.

Their platformers are second to none, and I always had fun playing them. And they have that challenging factor that puts it away from the rest. Most platformers I’ve seen are just simple or short, but Spy Guy 96’s is complex and their unique tilesets are super cool. I especially love their Level Editors, which I’ve taken inspiration when making my own level editors.

15 Likes

Honestly one of my favourite Hopscotchers. I remember playing their projects the first time I downloaded Hopscotch and I was just, blown away by how good their projects were. Especially their 3D looking projects, those were just so ahead of their time.

17 Likes

If I were you, I would also add Yuanyuan. Just always active and friendly

10 Likes

Dont forget to put spy guy on there lol

11 Likes

creations of a noob

because 3d is cool

13 Likes

COAN is an acronym for Creations of a Noob, cause everyone is too lazy to type it

13 Likes

And Tri-Angle is an acronym for Pandy-y, cause everyone is too lazy to type it

12 Likes

yes indeed, they just forget

12 Likes

so…
tri-angle and pandy-y are the same people ??

12 Likes

yes we are

we are approved alts of ae (acronym for awesome e)

12 Likes

Yeah they are

10 Likes

no they are not lol

11 Likes

Uhm yeah they are
Didn’t you know that?

8 Likes

they are not.

10 Likes

Dude they are

9 Likes