When to make a bug report

3 things to consider before making a bug report

whenever I find a weird bug, my mind almost immediately says “bug report time” but that really shouldn’t be the case. here are 3 steps that help me to decide whether or not to make a bug report.

Step 1: are there topics on that bug?

always search before you post—this way the bugs category doesn’t get clogged with reports of the same bug. if the bug has been reported, bump the topic or, if it’s closed, ask a lead to open it

Step 2: is it in hopscotch?

the hopscotch team cannot do anything related to bugs on the forum as discourse runs this forum. if there’s a bug on the forum I think discourse has a place where you can report them.

Step 3: is it reproducible?

there are often glitches that can’t be reproduced. if you can’t reproduce it, I wouldn’t bother making a topic. in the bug report form it says “steps that the hopscotch team can take to reproduce the problem every time

if you said “no” to step 1 and “yes” to step 2 and 3, you’re good to go for making a bug report topic!

I hope this helps you decide to make a bug report or not:)

also, these are my views on it—they’re not “right” by any means, they’re just tips

(@PumpkinGirl can you move to faq if you think it deserves to go there?)

21 Likes

Ooo nice tips
First post & like

5 Likes

Nice :+1:

4 Likes

awesome tips :sunglasses:

I honestly think this fits pretty great here- or else perhaps Hopscotch academy- which focuses on learning! which would you prefer?

2 Likes

I’ll leave it here as it’s more about the forum

1 Like

Nice topic. This’ll be helpful to a lot of people

I follow the same criteria and usually also ask on the yctayhch first as confirmation

4 Likes

Bookmarked for future reference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Helpful very much so

1 Like

I Yoda speak like

Speak like Yoda, I do.

Or maybe

Like Yoda, I speak.

3 Likes

Aww man, now u hav no excuse wen u mess up, and make a new bug report topic lol

1 Like

nice topic

1 Like

Thumbs up lol

1 Like

Great topic. I’m sure it will be useful to a lot of people.

4 Likes

OR, the most obvious one

I speak like yoda

lol

4 Likes

My mind does the same thing! I’ve got to start using this.

3 Likes

@Nobody hi I noticed this FYI thing idk what is it when I was playing some games it’s pretty annoying.
Here is a screenshot:
Can’t make screenshots in here idk why?
Plz can the hopscotch team tell me what is happening?

2 Likes

there’s actually been a report for this!

it was considered intentional - a way of reminding users that they could lose progress!

3 Likes

Hmm strange
Safari says the forum is secure

leads can’t fix it, no one can!
my chrome says it’s “secure”
prob Chrome’s bug?