When is not matching, new idea

WHEN IS NOT MATCHING/CHECK ONCE IF () DOESNT MATCH ()

This feature allows you to only act upon a certain object when it’s variable doesn’t match a certain word. I think it would be useful, (for me), to cancel the fact that leaving an input empty, will change it to (example) but 0, but doesn’t change any other input to (example) when you are putting a set text block. Otherwise, if you can tell me how to make that code, (rather than saying that it is DOABLE > : 0), then tell me.

10 Likes

First reply, good idea lol

2 Likes

Nice idea. I’d love to see this cuz it’d be super helpful

4 Likes

Great idea! I’ve seen this in some other coding stuff.

1 Like

Yes! This is helpful because all though I haven’t used the Broadcast Message block yet, it could be like how HS has equals and doesn’t equal, but with strings

1 Like

Oo ok

2 Likes

I’m on a phone so it’s hard to type lol

LSOT

2 Likes

Exactly, you use the broadcast message to alert other objects, and the message matches means when it is alerted.

1 Like

You can set text to input instead if thye difference between empty strings and 0 is important

4 Likes

ooh, good idea

would be helpful to a lot of users lol

2 Likes

You can use equals and not equals with strings.

1 Like

So then why is the “matches” and other stuff there?

1 Like

Matches is more “contains”

ABC matches B → true

And it works with regular expressions but that’s a whole different story

1 Like

Aaahhh ok I get it

1 Like

Matches allows you to use regular expressions, so it’s more similar to checking if it contains something than equals something.

4 Likes

Isn’t this when () doesn’t equals ()
Eh can’t explain

No, because this can use regular expressions, similar to what I want with In string, replace something with something but it just checks if it does not match something instead of replacing what it does match, if anything.

1 Like

This could work with both when message doesn’t match (the opposite of when message matches) and when I don’t get message (opposite of when I get message) I think both would be pretty useful, cool idea.

Why can’t you just use when game is playing and pause it for a frame when you get a message? Or with In string, replace something with something you might be able to create your own message system which would make that easier.

2 Likes

You could but just having the block would make it much easier

1 Like