When I get message doesn't work if you use the + block

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Petrichor

What kind of device are you using?: iPhone 8

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): If you have a when I hear message something + something (for example “hello” + clone index) even if that message is broadcast the rule will not run.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Create code similar to this:

and then play. When you shake your device nothing will change color.

Either it isn’t broadcasting the correct thing or it isn’t listening for the correct thing.

8 Likes

That’s strange. Does it work with other math operators?

1 Like

You are on a bug killing spree

If this was tested in my player, it’s because I haven’t updated my player. It should work fine in the app – my player starts Clone Index at 1 still, so that is why your code is not running.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

It was tested in the app, I did notice your player wasn’t updated though.

5 Likes

I never have seen this. Most of your bugs from beta editor which i don’t have.

3 Likes

Yup. @Petrichor, do u pay for the sub?

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be when I hear hello+1+self clone index? But how should I know? I’ve never broadcasted anything before

1 Like

It’s broadcasting to the next clone, I left out the cloning code but it is there.

3 Likes

Hello guys

6 Likes

Ok, just making sure.

Hey welcome to the forum

Hi collab account

I realized the issue. I don’t think it has to do with plus but rather the fact that Clone Index gets read as nothing.

This code makes the character set color on every tap

1 Like

Oh interesting. I guess this makes sense, since from the error message on Self variable in message rules breaks project when self variable is empty goes to it trying to get the value of a variable with null for the object.

2 Likes

And that is also why it doesn’t get read properly when you listen for the exact Index.