What's wrong about gender quizzes?

You might have taken a gender quiz in hopscotch before, if not here is one

It seems like some people hate them. I don't get why?

Even though they are inaccurate, that doesn't mean they're bad.

Here's a poll for all the poll lovers! (Anyone can take it, not just poll lovers!)

Do you like gender quizzes?

• Yes
  • No

0voters

Votes are public.

be my friend if you like gender quizzes

If you don't like them please tell me why

People might hate them, because they get offended because it assumes their gender :rolling_eyes:

I don't like how society stereotypicalizes everything. Oh you like mine craft? You act like a boy! You like dolls? Oh your a girl then. Society conditions us to think these terms which are not true.
It is engraved in a kids mind that they need to like certain things and be a certain way to please their peers. It's sick and disgusting. And it shouldn't be enforced. I don't care if it's through a little internet game that shouldn't matter. It's just dragging yourself down this deep dark hole called self consiousness.

The quizzes are stereotypical, and may make people feel like they don't belong because they like certain things, and might feel the need to change the part of themselves that doesn't fit the stereotype that they think they have to be

But it isn't their true gender, it's just a quiz

Yeah, they ar typically inaccurate (except the one that asks if you are a male or female), and I see where people get offended at stereotypes. Overall, it is just something coded by a kid for fun. I like them. I like quizzes. No one is telling you what you should like. Let's say it is like when you ask discobot for a fortune. It is probably not true but it's fun.

I don't like them mainly because they're stereotypical.

Plus, male and female aren't the only genders out there

1) PEOPLE SEEM TO BE FORGETTING THAT THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO GENDERS
2) YOU LIKE BLUE, YOU'RE A BOY. YOU LIKE PINK, YOU'RE A GIRL. Sterotypical much???
3) Don't assume anything or make conclusions based off of something you may honestly know nothing about.

It's just good fun, like my NEOPIXEL FILES.
I'm not actually saying I think NeoPixel is a world-domination-craving robot

So maybe you should just talke them and all end results would be the same, some thing like "We can't guess your gender, because people aren't built off of stereotypes, stereotypes are built off of people" or something portraying a similar message then, maybe

Yeh, but in this generation, there are those people who get offended by everything lol

And there are those people that want to stand up for something for once

The only reason I don't like them is because they aren't very interesting

SO MANY REPLYS!! I will read them now

What are the other genders?

Non binary
And then the whole list from there.

Not everyone is a straight boy or girl

I am simply mildly offended by gender quizzes, because they show a stereotype of girls and boys that is not true. There are so many different types of people, these quizzes don't show an accurate representation of who boys and girls really are.

0_0