What's with this..? (CLOSED)

So When I code you know like always I click the button to play and sometimes it doesn’t work or it shows me a blank white screen I would think this is because my iPad is old but now I’m thinking maybe not this has been occurring a lot to me and would like to find a solution.

15 Likes

Yeah, this happens to me a lot as well, and it’s really annoying.

6 Likes

This is the white screen glitch, there’s already a topic for this. Maybe link the project?

3 Likes

Um… What do you mean

1 Like

Oh nevermind do you mean link the project this happened to me?

1 Like

Oh yeah i h8 this bug…

2 Likes

So this happened to my every time I code and sometimes I’m lucky and this doesn’t happen to me

2 Likes

Really? Its not that bad with me…

2 Likes

Well I’ll try coding something and show you a picture if this happenes to me

1 Like

Ok I’m back

1 Like

So I tried you know coding the stuff I always code so the white screen glitch did not happen but the one when I click the play button and it does nothing here I got proof… image you see how it looks like I clicked the play button but it still has me in the editor

3 Likes

It is annoying.

I understand that you might have to close down and reopen Hopscotch for it to work without that happening.

You probably need to update your Hopscotch version or iOS.

4 Likes

It’s nothing to do with HS version or IOS, it is a bug with HS, and has been for a very long time. :smile:

6 Likes

Try my webplayer fix if you have not already. It may be because of a blank set image or text.
But if this issue you mention is not specific to app version 3.34.0, then disregard my post.

3 Likes

Are you using any blocks not in the editor?

Any blank set text or set image to text? For example, if you’re doing a colored emoji.

3 Likes

Hmm… many tips here. I haven’t really experienced this but I would suggest that you try to restart Hopscotch. If not, I would highly suggest that you email THT at help@gethopscotch.com for the fastest possible help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can you share some more details about this crash:

1. What were you doing before Hopscotch crashed? What was the last project you were playing? Were you playing one project for a long time, playing a specific project, making something? If you can share the exact steps you took to get this crash, that would be most helpful.
  2. Has this happened only once or does it every time you do something?
  3. Where are you from?
  • What language is your iPad set to?
  • What timezone is your iPad set to?
  1. Were you at school when this happened?
  2. Can you make this crash happen again? If so, how?
  3. Lastly, can you send us a crash log? That will help us identify what’s going wrong. Here’s how:

If your computer is a Mac:

1. Sync your iPad to a computer using Apple’s directions
  2. Open a Finder window and select Go to Folder… from the Go menu (or press Shift-Command-G). A dialog box should appear.
  3. Copy and paste the following into the box and press the Return key:
    ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice
  4. Open the folder name of the device you’ve synced.
  5. Select the most recent or relevant crash logs. The name of each log file will include the app, the date and time the file was created, and the device, such as:
    Hopscotch_2015-05-07-042617_iPad.crash
  6. Attach the log files in reply to us

If your computer is Windows:

1. Sync your iPad to a computer using Apple’s directions
  2. Open Windows Explorer.
  3. Copy and paste the following into the bar and press the Enter key:
    %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\
  4. Open the folder name of the device you’ve synced.
  5. Select the most recent or relevant crash logs. The name of each log file will include the app, the date and time the file was created, and the device, such as:
    Hopscotch_2015-05-07-042617_iPad.crash
  6. Attach the log files in a reply to us

at hello@gethopscotch.com

4 Likes

Why can’t we access crash logs from the files app?

I mean, why can’t a crash log get copied or moved to a folder called “crashlogs” under the accessible files? (Sorry can’t remember the name – library and files or smth…)

2 Likes

Um, my mom says I have an Ipad 3…

1 Like

Like I said I have an Ipad 3

1 Like