What Social Media Channels do you use?

Hmm lets see, they will accidentally say it to younger kids and poom! They don’t know that its under 13 and they sign up not knowing and I think that a lot of people say bad words on their

2 Likes

They do have profanity filter bots though.

5 Likes

I’m actually interested in how you plan to use discord as a way to promote Hopscotch

2 Likes

I would love to see a variety for sure, I think! “A little bit of everything”. I would love to see videos or posts about how you work! Like, from the THT office or something.

4 Likes

They have amazing bots I personally code them now and then

3 Likes

I know how to make Dis cord bots! My brother made me make one (I didn’t really care since I love coding)

3 Likes

Tik Tok would be epic, though.
You can promote on tiktok, that would be cool.

2 Likes

(I just kinda did this in how people ik use it, don’t have any offical social media)

Interested to see how this goes!

5 Likes

And it runs on the cloud so everything is good with it

2 Likes

What kind of TKTK videos would you want to see?

11 Likes

Why hopscotch disc.ord if we have the forum

6 Likes

I get that

3 Likes

Yeah, your right

3 Likes

Discørd is easier for me too use

4 Likes

@Yuanyuan did you like this idea that I’m replying to? (I don’t think you read it since there is no way to see that you did unless you heart it)

5 Likes

I would love to see videos, where coding tips are given about the hopscotch app. Maybe put some promotion about the Subscription too.

5 Likes
Here’s my replies :))
  • What type of social media do you or the people you know use ( please do not share your account information )?

I don’t have social media and neither do most of my close friends. We’ve got a fairly low media presence but we use yt and discòrd a lot and I think they’re definitely great.

• What is your opinion on Discord? Do you use it?

Yeah, I use it mostly to talk to my friends and I love it, think it’s a really great platforms to use with friends and to keep events and whatnot organized.
That being said, it’s a terrible idea to start using it to promote Hs. The best way to promote things on discōrd is by creating community servers, but there’s no way to moderate interactions between sever members, like friend requests and whatnot. That opens up a world of possibilities for cof and whatnot and is super super unsafe. For trying to create a safe social media presence to promote kids coding, disc is objectively one of the worst platforms you could think to use. I say this with a ton of experience with both moderating the forum/hs, creating community spaces, and using disc. Don’t do it. Like absolutely not. It’s gonna spiral into a huge moderation mess faster than you can say “wait what”

• What kind of content do you want to see on Hopscotch’s social media page? (You can say something like: “On [Social media Initial (ig, fb, dc, tt, sc, pt, tw, tb, yt)], I want to see more of …”

I’d love to see Kayla’s yt vid series continued. And I agree with the stuff that we’re doing internally and the direction you’re going in with that. I’d like to see that happen for sure

10 Likes

What does TKTK mean?

3 Likes

It means TikTok

3 Likes

Lets not use dis cord (because of what I said earlier)

4 Likes