What is wrong with my project?

Ok so I was making my game and I keep publishing and unpublishing the project for beta testing, and at one point it doesn’t want to open up. When I do open it back up, it is all buggy and not how I left it!

Before
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/113ni0hv22

After
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/113pqesmb4

It was a little worse but I found some of the bugs and fixed them. Please help because I don’t know how to fix it and I have tried

4 Likes

Probably has something to do with it not syncing with the server properly. Did you make sure it was uploading to the cloud?

4 Likes

Yes it had the cloud symbol the entire time

2 Likes

That’s not a good thing LOL. Upload it to cloud by clicking the button.

2 Likes

Oh lol that makes some more sense why that was there lol

2 Likes

That’s probably why some of the data in the project that wasn’t syncing with the server is missing because it technically wasn’t ever saved

When opening your drafts, make sure your projects are uploading before editing them to reduce the chances of code being deleted

3 Likes

The cloud syncs the project to the server and creates a backup in case a bug like this happens. Since it wasn’t backed up, bugs that added up got caught in one project.

I’m guessing all the other projects didn’t have that button, and if they did, it was a download cloud. This one was probably upload.

3 Likes

Most of my projects have the button. But when I tap on the project, it goes away

3 Likes

No that is because its a download button. If an update comes, you need to download the project. Then it is updated to the latest player.

The upload button comes up if there is a bug or you aren’t at the latest player version or the project.

1 Like

Oh ok. How do you see the difference?

1 Like

The cloud with the arrow pointing downwards means “download

The cloud with the arrow pointing upwards means “upload

The way to tell if a way project needs to be uploaded is it shows next the gear button in the top right. It may come on to the place where the download button usually rests, but it is guaranteed it will come next to the gear button in the top right.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you!

@Leaders can you close this please?

2 Likes