What is a "feature"?

No, this isn't a beginner topic asking what a feature is.

I have made this topic to ask you some simple questions.

1. Is featured "fair"?
  2. Why do we need featured?
  3. What does being featured mean to you?
  4. Why are we all so obsessed with getting one?

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear your opinions! :D

Friendly Mass Tag List!

@SabotageWarning
@LazyLizard
@SnowGirl_Studios
@Gilbert189
@CreativeCoder
@Supermoon39
@MYD
@GracefulIcing1
@SmileyAlyssa
@Fishyguitars
@RubyStars
@RenegadeBird1
@ProgrammingHero
@SUPERSWAGGY
@Intellection74
@RubyWolf1
@LavenderLovinNerd
@Doodliedoo
@FrothyCad
@bluedogmc-official
@RobotPro
@Crazy_Crawfish
@codingCupcake123
@Niftynia75
@DancingLollipop
@a10
@Stick88
@Hermione
@Fun_in_the_Sun
@Calico2.0
@tankt2016
@CreationsOfaNoob
@Dude73
@smishsmash
@SmileyAlyssa-BACKUP
@AvocadoDont
@Paydent12
@MiracleShoutouts
@DreamyLemon
@Sparkczy
@Huggingfluffybear

Wow. I never really thought of it that way. Great topic!

What is the difference between 1 and 3?

One is higher. :Omind blown!

Oops! I edited it! :sweat_smile:

1: 100% Baised :laughing: Well, not quite that bad, but you could say that it weeds out projects.

2: As a goal to keep people into Hopscotch, sometimes it doesn't go right. And a hive of intovative projects. I was on a google hangout with THT, and this was one of the answers I gave: That I would like to see a lot of really good projects, enough for never seing them all.

3: A huge success! And a motivation.

4: Because it is a (see 3)

I'd finally get the amount of likes I deserve for all of my hard work.

Wow....well no I don't think a feature is fair. Hopscotchers make really awesome projects! But let's say a beginner made a really awesome project and it only gets 1 like and 10 plays...unfair! Being featured means a lot to me but my projects barely get over 50 likes!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1. Is Featured fair?
    No... Of course not. Let's say both Coder12983 and Coder3456 made the same project with the exact same code, and Coder12983 gets Featured. Is that fair? No. I've seen many things like this happen on Featured.

2. Why do we need Featured?
    To inspire others and give a point to coding.

3. What does Featured mean to you?
    A tab of projects that someone else enjoys, in which they want me to enjoy as well.

4. Why are we all so obsessed with getting one?
    Bragging rights...

Nice topic!

1. Is featured fair?
it is, and it isn't. The projects on the are awesome! 99.99999999 percent of them deserved it! But sometimes people deserve but never get, or some people get and don't deserve. Life isn't fair! So I guess featured is fair, and it kind of isn't.

2. Why do we need featured?
Well, they are just plain fun, and everyone wants some fun! :smiley: But most of them include tricky codes, and I like to look inside the code and learn how they did that! It helps with future projects!

3. What does being featured mean to you?
I dunno. I mean, it's not that important, thought it is pretty awesome when you do get featured! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4. Why are we all obsessed with getting one?
I honestly have no idea. :stuck_out_tongue: Some people really care about popularity, I guess. Being featured makes you pretty popular... I'm not obsessed with getting one.

For example:

Topic on the forum:

How many Features have you had? I've had 3 and that's a lot.

Reply on That Topic

Person123231: I had 24... 3 is not a lot...

Being featured to me means that people actually appreciate the things that I code. Of course I will never be featured, but I know that people appreciate some of my projects.

Is featured "fair"?
It depends. Before, we couldn't see how many amazing projects there were. Now, we can see a lot more, but not all! It isn't totally fair, as some people are favored and don't deserve it, but that's okay :slight_smile:
Why do we need featured?
So we can help new people and existing people get inspiration! We all need help sometimes, and we just don't know where to find some cool projects to get inspired off of. We can look to featured, and see cool projects!
What does being featured mean to you?
It means that I've accomplished something amazing. The makers of the app loved my projects, so they shared it with others. That's awesome
Why are we all so obsessed with getting one?
We all want to be noticed for projects we love :slight_smile: . And bragging rights. Just kidding :wink:

Amazing topic! :smiley:

I'm reviving this, because I want opinions! :D

How am I never in these lists and SmileyAlyssa's back up is. XD

My opinion is above :slight_smile: