What are trust levels? FAQs

trust_levels
forum

You might have noticed on the forum that there are different trust levels when you go to view Badges, and you might have wondered what they were:

What are trust levels?

Trust levels are a way of grouping users depending on how much time they've spent on the forum and how they've contributed to the forum.

There are 5 different trust levels on the forum:

• New (0)
  • Basic (1)
  • Member (2)
  • Regular (3)
  • Leader (4)

How do trust levels work?

Everyone starts off as a new user (level 0) when they first join the forum. As you spend more time on the forum, your trust level will move up and you'll be able to do more on the forum, such as being able to post more replies daily. You also have to meet different requirements to go to higher trust levels, for example by replying to and hearting posts.

Why do we have trust levels?

Trust levels help stop spammers coming in and posting a million spam messages on the forum. If someone's trust level is 0 and they've just started on the forum, the computer won't let them post a million replies until it's sure that person is more trustworthy and has spent more time on the forum (and is not a robot) :smiley:

How do you move up higher trust levels?

Each trust level has different requirements you have to meet in order to reach that trust level. There is a really great post [here][1] on trust levels if you want to know more specifically about each trust level, or like in the photo at the top of this post says, you can press on the "Granted" button of each trust level badge to go to the same website.

Here’s a screenshot of the website that it takes you to:

The requirements that are shown there on that website are general and the Hopscotch Team can change them to better suit this forum.

The main thing is though if you are contributing to the forum and following the guidelines, your trust level will move up pretty much without you even trying to :slight_smile: And even if you don’t get a higher forum trust level and badge, the main thing is other people will trust you too :smiley:

What happens when you have a higher trust level?

You get more privileges as the computer recognises you as "safe" and "not a robot". Some of these include higher post limit, being able to upload images and being able to invite people. Like mentioned in the above question, go [here][1] for more info on each trust level and its privileges and requirements.

You also get a nice little badge on your profile too for your trust level :blush:

Hope that helps with understanding trust levels better and feel free to post other questions you have or share other info on trust levels :smiley:

Continuing the discussion from How-tos: Hopscotch Tips and Tricks:

Read if you're t1!
How to edit people's sentences and why don't I have the ••• and the pencil icon
I need help with a badge
Welcome, alexcoder202!
How Do You Become A Regular? :D
What's a regular? How do you become one?
This is TheGamerNextDoor🐯🎮🐯!
More Q's about moderater, admin, leader etc
What does the "trust level" mean?
How to become member, regular, and leader
Hey hopscotch admins read below
What does trust levels do?
I just joined the forum!😀
MobCraft's Topic Portal
I'm new to fourum
It will cost $7.99/month to get new Hopscotch features
How to find all topics in only 1 category (and how to professionally spam like :joy::joy:)
Help with dislikes
What are Trust Levels?
A complete guide through the forum through links!
Hello! I'm CatWithABrush!
Hi, There! I'm New to the Forum! :heart:
I'm New To The Forum. Mind Telling Me What You Do?
Hey guys first time here!
I am sorry what so I have to pay
Why haven't I recieved Regular yet?
Hi! I'm new to the forum
Topic Portal and FAQ
Hi I'm new :0000
Hi everyone i am new :)
Help me I’m freaking out
How does this work?
Must Read for New Users!
How-tos: Hopscotch Tips and Tricks
Ideas for your projects
The trust badge
Trust bagdes. How?
Welcomes & Intros
If you get 5 flags, will you lose regular?
How do you become a regular?
My forum account welcome post!
"Member" award?
Can Anyone Help Me understand the forum? I'm new!
Poprocks q & a!
How do you get regular badge?
Why do I only get a certain number of posts on my first day?
Hi! I'm Pink_Roses
Drawing with Negative Numbers

Wow @t1_hopscotch! This is an awesome tutorial! I love how you used screenshots and bold text! This makes it much easier to read it. This is a great tutorial!:grinning:

Hello Hopscotchers

This is helpful! Thanks @t1_hopscotch

One Frequently Asked Question in particular is:

How do I get to a specific trust level? e.g. Member, Regular or Leader

All of it is included in the website I linked above (the link is here again). But I'll include them here on this forum too :smiley:

And I'll just remind you of what I said before:

The requirements that are shown there on that website are general and the Hopscotch Team can change them to better suit this forum.

The main thing is though if you are contributing to the forum and following the guidelines, your trust level will move up pretty much without you even trying to :smile: And even if you don't get a higher forum trust level and badge, the main thing is other people will trust you too :smiley:

What do user trust levels do? - New:

What do user trust levels do? - Basic:

What do user trust levels do? - Members:

What do user trust levels do? - Regular:

What do user trust levels do? - Leader:

My topic is Flagged
To anyone: Leader badge? Can we become one? And how?
Request to be a Moderator
Not quitting, it's ok

OK thanks for the help but I am kinda confused

Hi @Work_kids_coding is there anything you're confused about in particular?

I followed the link are you on 100 days? Cause that is how you earn regular

For the regular requirements, you have to meet all those criteria in the last 100 days you've been on the forum. So I think you have to have been on the forum for at least 100 days

I have the Regular badge and I've only been on the forum since August 6th. Maybe the Hopscotch Team adjusted the requirements? I don't know

Oh yes that's true too. It does look like the requirements were changed.

Thanks @t1_hopscotch, this really helps

Thank you @t1_hopscotch that is very helpful

Thank you, @t1_hopscotch ! This helped me alot! :smile:

So? If you fail the 100 days. You do not get regular....OH NO! I have to start over :-1:

You won't have to start over if you "fail" 100 days (and in fact, I think the requirement has been changed to around 52 days). What the criteria means is that in the last 50 days or whatever limit, you have to visited at least half of those days and met those requirements. It doesn't start again if you stop visiting for a day or anything like that.

@t1_hopscotch What's the lounge feature??

@Rawrbear Do you know how "help" is the normal category for the forum? Well, Regulars get access to a category called the Lounge only we can post on, reply on, see, etc.

Also, @t1_hopscotch, do you have any idea how close I am to Regular? I feel like I am like 1% close to there, and I am seriously trying to get it! :pensive:🤔 (exhausted face, not sad)

WOAH, LUCKY!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley: (20 characters skjhsrbvheliarvbaj)

Haha, not really..it isn't being used for much..