What are the requirements for trending?

I'm wondering what the requirements to get on trending are. Does anyone know?

First like and first reply!
Hmmmm that is actually a really good question!
I don't know

Here is a like!
:heart:
I ran out for sixteen hours. :scream:

It's based off of an algorithm!
I think these components determine where your project is on trending:

Time
Remixes
Branches

THT doesn't manually put these projects in the trending tab, they are automatically put there due to the algorithm. :D

Aren't branches the same as remixes?

When Liza came to my school she said that it's based on how many likes a project has in a period of time after its posted. How many remixes. How many plays etc

No, branching is when you save a project to your drafts.

I think.

ಠಠ_

XD

Or is it remixing? I think it was more commonly used way back then in the early versions on hopscotch

Yes. The term, "branch" was used in older hopscotch. The remix button used to be shaped like :seedling:, only grey. Now, it's referred to as remix.

I did not know that.

As @Bananadog sort of explained, someone told me a while ago that a project gets on Trending if it has a lot of likes, remixes, and plays within a certain time period.
I don't know what the magic likes/remixes numbers are, and I don't know about the time, either, but I think it had something to do with an hour—either the first hour the project is published or a random hour.

@Liza, @Rodrigo, @Thomas, do you know what the requirements are for trending?

This is a question that gets asked a ton!

So like @Bananadog said, the hopscocth team doesn't add projects to trending they only add projects to featured and rising.

Once again like she said.

To get on trending you need likes, plays, and remixes!

Hope this helps!

To be honest, I don't really know :stuck_out_tongue:

Liza came to your school? Lucky!

Does @Liza know?

Someone must know. XD

Huggingfluffybear is correct. We aren't going to share the exact algorithm, but basically your project needs to show signs of being interesting/popular.

That's cool. But the real issue is........

Liza came to your school????!!!!!:scream:

Yeah me and @CosineStudios got to meet her and Joyclen

K, so for the art part. Can we draw it on paper and post a picture here or whatever? @Gilbert189 @Kiwicute2016