Welcome to the Forum! :D

Hallo! So I have been working on this welcome to the forum post, Andy I'd thought I share it with you guys! You may use it, but please give credit!

Here it is:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :D

The forum is an amazing place where you can collaborate, find friends, look for advice, and more! It's a forum held by the hopscotch team, so it is controlled. Let's get on!

The following things with triangles and titles are what you click. Everything I see split off in sections :D

Filters and Censors

Filter/Sensors:

โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– โ– 

^^you see those black squares? Those are censors. When you make a post or topic, it goes through the filrter. The filter is kind of like a system :D

The filter blocks out the words that are not supposed to be used in posts. They are usually words that are not supposed to be used in a public community. They include some very bad words.

Some words, you'll see, are censored. I am sure that the hopscotch team made them censored for a purpose. The censored word that is above is bullying, so I didn't say anything bad. Don't worry. XD

Trust Levels

Trust Levels:

The following text is not written by me
It has been written by @t1_hopscotch

You might have noticed on the forum that there are different trust levels when you go to view Badges, and you might have wondered what they were:

What are trust levels?

Trust levels are a way of grouping users depending on how much time they've spent on the forum and how they've contributed to the forum.

There are 5 different trust levels on the forum:

• New (0)
  • Basic (1)
  • Member (2)
  • Regular (3)
  • Leader (4)

How do trust levels work?

Everyone starts off as a new user (level 0) when they first join the forum. As you spend more time on the forum, your trust level will move up and you'll be able to do more on the forum, such as being able to post more replies daily. You also have to meet different requirements to go to higher trust levels, for example by replying to and hearting posts.

Why do we have trust levels?

Trust levels help stop spammers coming in and posting a million spam messages on the forum. If someone's trust level is 0 and they've just started on the forum, the computer won't let them post a million replies until it's sure that person is more trustworthy and has spent more time on the forum (and is not a robot) :smiley:

How do you move up higher trust levels?

Each trust level has different requirements you have to meet in order to reach that trust level. There is a really great post [here][1] on trust levels if you want to know more specifically about each trust level, or like in the photo at the top of this post says, you can press on the "Granted" button of each trust level badge to go to the same website.

Here's a screenshot of the website that it takes you to:

The requirements that are shown there on that website are general and the Hopscotch Team can change them to better suit this forum.

The main thing is though if you are contributing to the forum and following the guidelines, your trust level will move up pretty much without you even trying to :slight_smile: And even if you don't get a higher forum trust level and badge, the main thing is other people will trust you too :smiley:

What happens when you have a higher trust level?

You get more privileges as the computer recognises you as "safe" and "not a robot". Some of these include higher post limit, being able to upload images and being able to invite people. Like mentioned in the above question, go [here][1] for more info on each trust level and its privileges and requirements.

You also get a nice little badge on your profile too for your trust level :D

Hope that helps with understanding trust levels better and feel free to post other questions you have or share other info on trust levels :D

Amazing People

Amazing People:

If you want friends, I suggest the following poeple :D
Go ahead and tag them :D

Madi_Hopscotch_
Intellection74
smishsmash
Maltese
CreativeCoder
Bananadog
SmilingSnowflakes
GyvsANDRegules
Zachyswag
Pingu
Caramel_Puffin
Bluedogmc-Official
BellaWafflez17

^^Put an @ before each of those names and they will become friends with you :D

Of courses, you can be my friend too c:

Tricks

Tricks:

Want to make bold text like that? Put two * before and after what you want to write. Make sure not to put the space in between! Do it like this: **hi**

Want to make italic text? All you have to do is put an underscore before and after the word or sentence! Do it like this: _hi_

What to make bold and italic text together? Out three *** before and after the sentence! Do it like this: ***hi***

You might have noticed the 20 character rule. This ensures that your post is useful to the topic. Want to conquer that? Put <word> an dit will make it invisible :D

Want to make a drop down menu? Click this!

On the first line, put [details=name of drop down menu]
Then skip two lines. On the line after the line skipped, write what you want to write.
Then, on the last line write [/details]

It should come out like this:

Example

Hi

hi

^^You see that blurry thing? If you wannna see what it says, click on it! :D
All you have to do is [spoiler] text [/spoiler]! :D

It should come out like this: hola friend :D

What about aqua font? All you have to do is <a> hi </a>!

Last one! You notice how well do this? :D
Well if you try it, it's going to turn into: :smiley:
That's because it's a hack for getting emojis faster. To make it like :D, then just out a <hi> between the : and D.

It should come out like :D

Extras

Extras:

So, you will see people typing like this:

leik, laik, potatoe, omgee, or something like that. It is done on purpose and is not a typo. It is just the thing on the forum that pretty much everyone knows about. XD

People also have nicknames. Mine is Enchy. smishsmash's is smishy. Maltese's is Malty. Caramel_Puffin is puffy. CreativeCoder is Disky. Bananadog is Banny, and so on :D

For all these tricks, I did something so that it would not work :D

Profile Pictures!

Profile Pictures
Credit to @RefugeeCat for this idea :D

Wanna set a profile picture? Go on the web or anything and save the photos, as you might know. Go into your preferences:

Then click on the profile picture writing icon and choose upload picture.

If you see a profile picture with moving pictures, you do the same thing. :D

Topics That Are Good

Topics That Are Good

Follow the community Guidlines! :DD

Here is a topic portal with lots of topics XD

Preferences

Preferences

So, if you click on my profile picture to see my biography (bio for short) you'll see words. Just click non it again to see the whole thing! :D

Do you want to create something like that? Go into preferences as shown in the profile picture drop down menu, and find the area that say "About me" and type about you! Don't give any private information such as your address, phone number, or your full name. Be careful! Don't type too much, or else it will reach the 3000 character limit.

Can't think of anything to type? I suggest reading @Zachyswag or @Smishy'S bio for inspiration. If you want to read it, just click on the tags. :D

If you want a profile background, go into preferences, imto where is says "user background" and upload a picture or a GIF. If you want a background to your bio, like Maltese's, then go to "Profile background" and upload a pic or a gif! รœ

Creating Topics

Creating Topics

When creating a topic, you need to make sure it's hopscotch related.

Hopscotch related things include:

Collab
Coding Partner
Ask for help on Hopscotch
General topics
Topics like these

Not hopscotch related things include:

Who won the election 2016
Chat rooms that talk about random stuff
Dogs and not creating projects XD

Also, make sure that your topics are not spamming. Search Before You post. (SBYP) if you create a topic that someone else already created, then just don't create it. How do you know if someone created it! Use the search icon in the top right corner and type in what you want to search. If you want, you can use the advanced searching drop down menu :ad

Make sure you don't have titles that are click bait. Clickbait titles are like OH MY GOODNESSMY DOG RAN TO THE ZOO, but they're really about creating values. make sure your tittle is specific. If it's a bugs, don't just put BUG NOOO PLEASE HELP, but put something like TRIANGLE WONT TURN BUG. Then it gives the people specific inform if they can help or not.

Make sure to out your topics in the correct category. You have to put your topic in one of them. If it says a general topic or a topic like this, put it in the help with code category. If it is a collab or coding partner thingy, put it in collabs. If it's is a bug, put it in the bug category. :D

Thanks for reading through! I hope you learned something XD

Well, you're a pro now! I think you already know how to create and topic, since you already did. I also think you know how to reply. XD

Hi I'm fried hamburger
I just joined and Iโ€™m super sick.
Questions You Might Have About the Forum if You Are New
Coses general tropic, wait no, topic
Hi i am new to the forum (highly likely โ€˜tis an alt)
Hi new to forum
Hello, I am a newcomer!
Must Read for New Users!
Please help thank you
I'm new on forum!
I'm new on forum!
Flame war: ipad vs computer
What do you do here?
Fresh's Chat Room/General Topic
Hi im new <๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž>
Hlelo! Im new here!
Hi I'm new what do I do
Hello. I'm swagsav
Hi welcome to my channel!๐Ÿ˜„
I'm a newbie ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜Š idk
.....I'm new to the forum
Does Anyone Want To Do A Collab
Kcaj general topic :) (stronger than you backup)
I need a coding partner plz
I'm new to the hopscotch forum
Um...Hi Giys. Inky here
Welcome to the Forum Combo! :D
Hi I'm new or whatever
How to create game
Hi I am new here! :D
Gwen7s main forum page thingy
I'm new in the community!
I'm new to the forum and would like some guidance (back tomorrow)
New to the forum
I'm new to the Forums
Hello, Hopscotchers!
I don't know what I'm doing
Unneeded topic thing
Please help me I'm new to the forum
Hey, I'm a newbie!
Hi! I'm PixelPOP!
How do you upload a picture?
Have you ever been featured? If so, what is your first feature?
Hello I'm new can I have some help
Post your drawings HERE and get SWEET tips! DrAwInG central!
Hi iโ€™m new. I need help
Hello I am new HELP ME
Metal is awesome so come join A_Metalhead in his GT
HAALP PLEASE!?!!!
Hi guys! Iโ€™m not sure if anyone I know from hs is on here, so does anyone wanna be friends?
Hi uhhhh Iโ€™m really confused

This is a cool welcone page!

But just one thing, the title was spelled wrong

I know. I just fixed it XD

This is very descriptive and useful! But thing is, I don't think new people would really look through a long post. Maybe look through and simplify this a little!
pls dun take away the personality tho
also, TYSM! for the mention in the list of people I shouldn't be next to!

You're welcome! :D

This is an amazhang welcome!
I suggest you put a few helpful topics in your post :3 I have a list of links to some important topics, so I can get that.
Also, the friend list...A lot of people (okay, me, I admit.) will be disappointed about not being on the list, and there are a lot of really kind and friendly hops who aren't on the list. I feel like you're only putting "cool" and well-known hops on the list. The people who everyone knows, people who have a lot of friends and cool nicknames. I know I'm not one of them. I'm just sensitive. Maybe you shouldn't keep the list, and just let people introduce themselves on this topic?

Thank you so much!! this is very helpful @EnchantedHopscotcher. i appreciate you writing this- I bet it took a while to make.

Those little tricks are very cool :smiley:

True, all these people above are amazing friends!

This is an awesome welcome page, and if I were new it'd be really helpful! :D
One thing I might suggest is putting it in details just to make it easier to scroll through, but that's really up to you. It looks really nice other than that.
Thank you so much for including me on your list, that means a lot!

Thank you too, @bluedogmc-official, you're also a pretty awesome friend! :D

Nice topic!

@WhiteFeathers and @DragonMc

Here you can understand some stuff about the forum! :grin:

Mine is kitty! I know, typical....... anyone new welcome to the forum!

You gots da knowledge, buddy boi.

That's amazing! I'm going to bookmark this for future reference! :D

Thanks for calling me awesome!

Those people are the people I admire. Those people are the people that can be friends with anyone. Those people never participate in flame wars.

I'm not picking them out. They are truly awesome.

I understand, sorry D:
Do you want me to get my list of topics?

Sorry, sensors? Did you mean censors? Or can i not say that?

Your devise was at 3%:joy::joy: