Swim Girl Studios' Welcome Competition
Hello everyone! As a result of Hopscotch appearing on Shark Tank, lots of new people have been joining Hopscotch, which is super awesome! This competition is for current Hopscotch users to welcome and assist new users in joining Hopscotch and creating their first few projects.
You are all so incredibly talented, and you each have your own unique strengths. This competition will showcase that, as well as help new users learn how to create epic projects!
The TaskCreate a project in Hopscotch that explains how to make something in Hopscotch. This could be a project showing how to make a cool background, trail art, a platformer, or anything else you can imagine! I know that when I joined Hopscotch, these projects were super helpful, and I learned a lot about coding from it.
Here are the guidelines:
- Your project doesn’t have to be too large, but the better the explanation, the more helpful it will be for new users!
- You are free to work with others in a collab, or work on your own.
- Your project must be interactive in some way, not just a bunch of text. New users should want to play your project!
- Explain/Demonstrate the idea like the person you are talking to is just as smart as you are. Just because they are new to Hopscotch doesn’t mean they can’t understand coding.
- When you publish your project, post the link here so that we can all see it and I know to include it when judging the competition.
You can begin working on your projects… now! They are due by March 21st.
PrizesThe real reason everyone is here!
I will be judging the results of the competition based on how interactive, helpful and welcoming the projects are!
- 1st place: 10 plants (equal to 50 seeds)
- 2nd place: 7 plants (equal to 35 seeds)
- 3rd place: 5 plants (equal to 25 seeds)
- 4th place: 1 plant (equal to 5 seeds)
Each winner will also receive a like on all their projects.
Every Hopscotcher who participates in this competition will also receive a shout-out in a project on my Hopscotch account (something I have never done before!).
I just want to remind everyone that this competition was created to encourage you to code more, help encourage new Hopscotch users, and to help us all remember that we have unique coding skills. This challenge was not created to make people focus more on how many likes or plants they receive.
Final RemarksOkay phew this has been very long-winded. If you want to participate in this competition and create a Hopscotch project, respond to this poll:
- I would like to participate in the competition!
- Accidentally voted
If you have any questions, let me know!
@Temm @A_Metalhead @Stylishpoopemoji33 @asianninja @The_Wild_Fox @SilverSong @The_Electogenius @Nameless_gamer @nobody @GOATGAMES @ttruong @CB_Studios @Otato @Kaila808 @FRENCH_WAVE123 @TrueHarryPotterLover @Petrichor @C.H.Rissole @sophia @aqua @990867 @Rapterdragon_83 @Innerpanda @NickyH135 @LunarEclispe @Madi_Hopscotch @PumpkinGirl @FearlessPhoenix @LR10123 @LittleNoobyBoi @ExplodingDucks @DolphinGirl7 @RonAstern123 @slothy @creationsofavillager @Unamed-Account @0Author-Detective0 @Mb248 @DogIcing @NTh3r