Welcome Competition

Swim Girl Studios' Welcome Competition

Hello everyone! As a result of Hopscotch appearing on Shark Tank, lots of new people have been joining Hopscotch, which is super awesome! This competition is for current Hopscotch users to welcome and assist new users in joining Hopscotch and creating their first few projects.

You are all so incredibly talented, and you each have your own unique strengths. This competition will showcase that, as well as help new users learn how to create epic projects!

The Task

Create a project in Hopscotch that explains how to make something in Hopscotch. This could be a project showing how to make a cool background, trail art, a platformer, or anything else you can imagine! I know that when I joined Hopscotch, these projects were super helpful, and I learned a lot about coding from it.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Your project doesn’t have to be too large, but the better the explanation, the more helpful it will be for new users!
  2. You are free to work with others in a collab, or work on your own.
  3. Your project must be interactive in some way, not just a bunch of text. New users should want to play your project!
  4. Explain/Demonstrate the idea like the person you are talking to is just as smart as you are. Just because they are new to Hopscotch doesn’t mean they can’t understand coding.
  5. When you publish your project, post the link here so that we can all see it and I know to include it when judging the competition.

You can begin working on your projects… now! They are due by March 21st.

Prizes

The real reason everyone is here!

I will be judging the results of the competition based on how interactive, helpful and welcoming the projects are!

• 1st place: 10 plants (equal to 50 seeds)
  • 2nd place: 7 plants (equal to 35 seeds)
  • 3rd place: 5 plants (equal to 25 seeds)
  • 4th place: 1 plant (equal to 5 seeds)

Each winner will also receive a like on all their projects.

Every Hopscotcher who participates in this competition will also receive a shout-out in a project on my Hopscotch account (something I have never done before!).

I just want to remind everyone that this competition was created to encourage you to code more, help encourage new Hopscotch users, and to help us all remember that we have unique coding skills. This challenge was not created to make people focus more on how many likes or plants they receive.

Final Remarks

Okay phew this has been very long-winded. If you want to participate in this competition and create a Hopscotch project, respond to this poll:
  • I would like to participate in the competition!
  • Accidentally voted

0 voters

If you have any questions, let me know!

@The_Swimmers

@Temm @A_Metalhead @Stylishpoopemoji33 @asianninja @The_Wild_Fox @SilverSong @The_Electogenius @Nameless_gamer @nobody @GOATGAMES @ttruong @CB_Studios @Otato @Kaila808 @FRENCH_WAVE123 @TrueHarryPotterLover @Petrichor @C.H.Rissole @sophia @aqua @990867 @Rapterdragon_83 @Innerpanda @NickyH135 @LunarEclispe @Madi_Hopscotch @PumpkinGirl @FearlessPhoenix @LR10123 @LittleNoobyBoi @ExplodingDucks @DolphinGirl7 @RonAstern123 @slothy @creationsofavillager @Unamed-Account @0Author-Detective0 @Mb248 @DogIcing @NTh3r

32 Likes

Well I’m in
If that is if procrastination and school don’t push me away

5 Likes

I love this! I’ll certainly try, no promises tho. Irl commitments be real

6 Likes

Very cool! I will be joining!

I love this comp! It will definitely be great to new users!

3 Likes

My strength is skill…
I am bad at art

7 Likes

@Me

5 Likes

If we collab, who is going to get the prize?
Is it split?

4 Likes

Wondering the same thing

4 Likes

Ooh good question. I hadn’t thought of that!

If you have a collab account, the seeds will go to it, and you can decide what to do amongst yourselves (each of your personal accounts will get all the likes)

If you have a collab without a collab account, the seeds will be divided between you, but you will both receive all the likes.

5 Likes

Just wondering if anyone wants to do a collab with me? If not, I’ll just do it by myself.

• I wanna collab with you!
  • No thanks, sorry.

0 voters

4 Likes

Hmm I will think about that…

2 Likes

Hmm I will think about that

2 Likes

Only 1 person can collab?

3 Likes

You can have as many people in a collab as you want!

4 Likes

I’d do it if y’all down

Hmm yeah maybe idk

2 Likes

I am still thinking, I accidently pressed the vote so thats why I said sorry

2 Likes

Ok I am willing to collab

3 Likes

If you do it I don’t mind doing it unless y’all mind me collabing

3 Likes

Well it is Mb’s choice

2 Likes

But I also think splitting the prize between us is a lot, we only get 3 each…

3 Likes