Weird increase in seeds

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
FRENCH WAVE123
What kind of device are you using?:
iPad Pro 2018
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
For the last two days I had only 396 seeds, and now I have 398.
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
1.Subscribe
2.check your seed count often (every hour or so)
….

I expected this to happen:
To see 396 one day, then 397, then 398
But instead this happened:
I saw 396, the 396 again, then 398
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

13 Likes

Free seeds

7 Likes

you get 1 seed a day for being a subscriber, maybe that’s what happened?

6 Likes

What ccc said

5 Likes

Yeah, what nobody said. But a day was missed for some reason, so you were given two the next day to make up for the previous day.

6 Likes

woah so many seeds alert

3 Likes

Yeah, tho it skipped a day, that was the bug.

2 Likes

I wish lol, they just skipped a day, then gave me two the next. Maybe that has smth to do w/ the time var not rounding?

2 Likes

It happens to me a lot, I just exit out of hs then double tap the home button to close the app then go back in.

4 Likes

Maybe hopscotch forgot to give you a seed one day, they noticed it, and gave you 2 more seeds to make up for the 2 days they didn’t give you seeds. Because subscribers get one seed a day, right? If your not a subscriber, this is weird, but, hey, free seeds.

2 Likes

Wait, you said that you had 396 for two days, maybe (like dolphin girl said) they forgot to give you seeds and you got 2 extra ones

2 Likes

You probably went on HS before the 24 hours were up, thus no seeds were added.

2 Likes

Wait a minute - if that’s true, then people can exploit it! Just set your iPad’s clock way forward and you’ll have like a million seeds!

2 Likes

No, since it doesn’t go by your clock.

2 Likes

oh. that’s interesting then.

2 Likes

Nah, I don’t think so. I checked in every hour all day, even @ like 8 30 am, and pm

1 Like

Oh yea imma subscriber but I get one like every 15hrs or 2days

1 Like

Maybe you subbed at, say, 2pm on day 1, had 396 seeds then, and then checked Hopecotch before 2pm on day 2, and still had 396 seeds because it wasn’t 2pm yet. Then maybe on day 3 you checked Hopscotch after 2pm and saw you had 398 seeds because you received your Day 2 seed at 2pm the day before and received your Day 3 seed at 2pm earlier that day.

2 Likes

Wait nvm my theory is definitely incorrect then

2 Likes

I think you have to open the app to earn the seed. I’m not entirely certain as this is true for me. I earn 1 seed everyday but if I don’t open the app I don’t get a seed

3 Likes