WEBPLAYER FIX – Bricked by the Update? Fear no more! [OFFICIAL]

No problem SD

2 Likes

@FearlessPhoenix @William04GamerA and anyone else with their main device on an older iOS version:

You can still get this fix!

iOS11:

1. You or a family member must have iOS 12 somewhere accessible
  2. On the iOS 12 device, follow the steps in post 1.
  3. If any older devices are on the newest update of Hopscotch, pay close attention here. Next, go to the file you saved on the iOS12 device. (Go to iDevice \ Hopscotch \ webplayer \ versions \ 1.0.0).
  4. On the iOS12 device, select and share the file (press and hold, share)
  5. AirDrop it to your iOS11 device.
  6. On your iOS11 device, save it to the same location (ipad \ hopscotch \ webplayer \ versions \ 1.0.0)

For iOS 10 and below, you’ll need iTunes and a separate iOS 12 device (or a family member’s or friend’s).

1. Get the shortcut on the iOS 12 device.
  2. Go into the shortcut.
  3. Change “save file” to “send email”. You can get rid of the alert,
  4. Send the email to yourself.
  5. Go to the computer with iTunes (mac or pc).
  6. Download the webplayer.min.js file from your e⁣mail.
  7. Put that in a folder called 1.0.0, which is inside a folder called “versions”. Bear with me. Your webplayer file should now be in “desktop → versions → 1.0.0”
  8. Open iTunes.
  9. Click your device icon.
  10. Go to file sharing, and find Hopscotch. Click that.
  11. You should see 6 folders. Drag the “versions” folder from your desktop on top of the webplayer folder. It must be on top of the webplayer folder.
  12. Click replace and / or merge.
  13. You made it!

Screenshots coming up later (tomorrow?)

8 Likes

Dang, I don’t have iOS 11 and can’t get it…

3 Likes

@Yusamac205

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Awesome_E, where did you get the old webplayer?

2 Likes

Not “old”. Just 29. They never deleted it

3 Likes

Something odd happened?
randomly unpinned and no post for it? (There are no deleted posts)

2 Likes

Pinned for two more weeks. @awesomeonion is returning in a while to fix this issue. In the meantime, this topic is pinned so that people can find a temporary fix easily.

I pinned the topic for two more weeks. I hope that it works.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for a fix for iOS 10 and lower! However, I am coding my projects on my old version of Hopscotch and just uploading them on the new version right now, and it works fine. But that would be super useful if I want to do more with the newest version.

Really, thank you so much again for working so much with this fix and helping THT out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

(Somehow it got unpinned… sorry about that AE and thanks William for fixing it )

3 Likes

It’s alright @FearlessPhoenix

And thanks @William04GamerA as well

3 Likes

Oh so pins are for a set amount of time but can be forever? (and thanks once again because why not)

2 Likes

You can do that actually and remove them manually once the topic should be unpinned, but just so I don’t forget to unpin it after it is not relevant anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know about auto-unpin

Edit: @TeamEXAngus this topic has the fix you’re looking for. See post 1

3 Likes

Woah irk what this is but this has so much code in it you must be a genius or something I am only ten years old but I know for a fact you’re a proncoder

4 Likes

Yeah, ae is pretty awesome lol.

Get the fixed version, it seriously helps

Also try “@discobot start new user” and “@discobot start advanced user”. It’ll help you get started on the forum

6 Likes

@William04GamerA awesomeonion hasn’t responded still. Possible to stay pinned or get globally pinned? Obviously, as we’ve all said enough here, unpin it when an official fix from THT comes out.

2 weeks and counting lol

4 Likes