We need an off topic section!

Ok, we reallllllllly need this! #random! We can use it as a hashtag, why not a category? Some days people just wanna talk about what they got for their birthday, or the new app they got, or share some artwork! Now it would probably be for @trust_level_2 and higher, or @trust_level_3 and higher, mainly because new users can just come to the forum and start posting, spam, or inappropriate media in this #random section! Please think about it @liza, @meg, @rodrigo, and any other @staff!

What do you guys think?

This is a great idea!

I've been wanting this for a while, but I've been scared to ask because I thought the topic would get flagged or something, then closed, then unlisted.

I have fears like that. I'm weird.

I don't think you would be flagged. You're just talking about a really good idea you have for the forum!

Thanks!

Cool idea, but this is the Hopscotch forum. It's meant for creativity and code! :slight_smile:

People can talk about their creative app they just got on the App Store! Or the creative drawing they made!

Hope I don't sound rude fren!

I get how you feel and often want this too, but...

Point is this is the HS forum. I think THT wants to subtly hint stay on topic about HS, guys, except in a nice and subtle way, like
- restricting tags on #help and #bugs
- not having a #random
- making the necessary categories and not things like #art of something.

That's just my thinking. Also #random would probably be quite chaotic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe we should just have 5 or less off topic sections to chat or whatever? I do agree what @KVJ said, but I think if the forum is all about HS, it would be kinda boring to me....

That's kinda
- why we have General topiks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
- the rules aren't majorly strict. Like a tiny bit of off-topicness is fine as long as it gets back on track :wink:

Maybe have an off-topic topic?

This is the hopscotch forum. We all ready have enough off topic-ness.

Cool idea though!

It would be chaotic though and probably get closed faster than a Drawing topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ppl shouldn't be doing this on the forum, as it is for coding help purposes only. And as far as sharing artwork goes, that can be done in the official drawing topic.

Was just throwing out ideas. I do agree, this is the Hopscotch forums.

There is an off-topic topic :stuck_out_tongue:

There is?!

Your point being...?
Like I said, it's not strict. Maybe just give 'em a reminder?