We Can Make the Featured Page Better • Click here to learn how!

improvement
featured
howtoimprove

Agreed with everything peopl said about popularity, and alt accs exist too and people could vote for themselves/friends/popular people through those

It’s a great idea but I don’t really think I could see it working, no fence intended to anyone

4 Likes

Apparently not anymore

I think there’s one browser where you can

You could mean this in like five different ways so im just going to assume you mean my stuff is really good

Another thing I’ve noticed is that more people seem to be on at times like Christmas break.

4 Likes

You actually can. I think it’s called DolphinBrowser or something like that

2 Likes

Puffin Broswer is the main one. They are all laggy though

2 Likes

I think the main thing about this is the fact that THT tries to keep a pretty solid rate of featured projects outputted, making it harder to find good Feature Worthy projects, as a good chunk of the hopscotch community is people who simply play games, and don’t create their own projects, other than remixes.
What do you people think?

5 Likes

However for a long time now THT has been posting at the same rate, about 10 featureds per week. It’s just a quality drop.

4 Likes

You do have a good point.

4 Likes

Lol I’m on a list of contributor potentials :joy:

Anyway featured was amazhang for me, but my recent ones weren’t as popular or as rewarding as some of my older trendings.

11 Likes

this is awesome!!!

There TOTALLY needs to be a change, but for the better.

Speaking of change, hopscotch changes things too much. It changes the layout, adds new things, and removes old things. Combine this with bad projects getting on featured, and you get the answer to why I’m inactive. It doesn’t feel like original hopscotch, and there’s no reward to get featured.

4 Likes

I mostly agree, but change is a part of life. You’ve gotta keep up with it and at least accept it y’know?
About the quality of projects on featured, well, I’d rather not get too much into that because it isn’t actually just black and white, there’s a lot of complexities and nuances and no matter what is said, someone will get hurt and we don’t really want that.

5 Likes

What Fea said. I agree that removing old things such as the preview box seems questionable, but they are trying to get an overall better experience, and I was also reluctant to use the new layout at first, but it’s better in many ways now!

5 Likes

Question: what is the preview box?

1 Like

Used to show what happened when you ran a rule in old editor, preview of just that rule playing

1 Like

Aw yeah I remember that.
That was amazing.

Still don’t get why they got rid of that.
Also kinda wish they’d bring it back

3 Likes

Probably “in favor of better performance”, but that hasn’t come yet

1 Like

I definitely agree.

Is there an official topic where THT takes suggestions for updates? @FearlessPhoenix that would probably be a good idea

2 Likes

I think that stuff would go in #meta-hopscotch

3 Likes