We Can Make the Featured Page Better • Click here to learn how!

improvement
featured
howtoimprove

Maybe like 1 for every 2 days. That’s seems fair if the project is good, has new code, and can teach/inspire most Hopscotchers without getting promptly buried.

2 Likes

But then there would be 3 times the amount of regular projects as really good ones and that would ruin the effect!

1 Like

Oh, I’ve heard about this problem before. I have never been featured, but the stuff on there looks pretty easy to make tbh I mean it still looks cool and fun, but I believe it did go downhill.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been here since 2015 and the quality of featured projects has really gone down since then…
And it is pretty easy to make if you know values.

3 Likes

I used to have an old account in 2015 and the featured were so cool. You were a god if you made it even to trending back in the day lol

4 Likes

“Yeah. A super long time ago, the featured project quality was basically the quality of gamechangers, maybe a step or two down. Compare that to today, and well, you can draw your own conclusions. 2015-16 was actually epic dude. 2014 was the best but that’s a bit biased I guess. 2017 was decent too I guess” -fp

Yeah I agree with Fea on that. I was there for a little bit only, but they were super high quality projects.

6 Likes

Yeah…
I think it started to go down in like 2017, because I kinda drifted to leaving Hopscotch I guess and wound up coming back last June and it had definitely decreased.

4 Likes

I made Minigames go to trending (0.1, original) with about 400 likes from trending. The average featured project doesn’t even get that anymore. I had two featured projects during HS’s peak, earning 3000 and 8000 likes and 100000 plays

3 Likes

I got 3000 likes on my first featured game, minion rush. Combined with Twisty Arrow’s likes now and the version that got removed is about 1500. That’s half the likes of the ancient minion rush, yet 100 times the quality.

4 Likes

Yes I remember that -

3 Likes

Wait, what happened to twisty arrow?

2 Likes

@MewtwoCreator The first time I published it, it was bad, so it got deleted by THT. On featured there is the revised version now.

2 Likes

Pokémon Journey was next to my first feature

2 Likes

This has also been happening to Tynker : (

3 Likes

I don’t use tynker on my school iPad as much so I don’t know what’s happening there

2 Likes

Although at my school teachers are encouraging tynker, and swift playground (sorry hopscotch don’t mean to advertise) and disencouraging hopscotch

3 Likes

Why are your teachers discouraging Hopscotch? There’s many complex projects there!

4 Likes

IDK but they want us to learn the specific type of coding language on swift and tynker so, I think that they think it’s not the right type of coding.

4 Likes

Can you do scratch on the iPad?

3 Likes

You have to have Adobe Flash Player, at least I think…

3 Likes