We Can Make the Featured Page Better • Click here to learn how!

improvement
featured
howtoimprove

What’s it about? (I could make a 1-player HS Duel and get a game changer if THT even cares about new projects anymore or make E-Pad rebuilt and get 1200 maybe)

My usual games don’t take long and are just quick fun. You could kinda see a formula for getting featured that I could reuse when making my games

2 Likes

I have several options. I am working on a pc thing, I’m working on an iPad thing, or i could make something new

3 Likes

Dang I usually do that for a giant project and it is better than a “Working Phone” that “has no internet” for every app project (see E-Pad and think of that with more settings and better apps)

still interested in the #tagica tag? How about seemingly duplicate tags, like #general_topic and #general_⁣topic

3 Likes

Yeah I agree.
Not sure why, but my best guess would be the art and/or roleplays
Not h8ing on artists or rpers, just giving an opinion/possibility as to why people are leaving or maybe it’s the age/coding level or something

2 Likes

Yeah, I bet it’s the art and role plays but mainly role plays.

3 Likes

Coding level, trending (please redo the formula to consider plays @awesomeonion), less legendary HS’ers, etc.

3 Likes

i agree with this so much… i used to be so jealous about seeing medium-level coded projects get featured while mine that took weeks got nothing.

unfortunately im not really involved with the hopscotch app since im busy in high school but good luck to you guys in trying to fix this!

6 Likes

Yes, this is a very fair point. Not a wide variety of Hopscotchers made Featured-worthy projects. And so really the best we can do is (possibly) raise the quality bar a little higher, and encourage Hopscotchers to code well

3 Likes

And sorry, I sorta made this article in a rush, so there is probably a lot of flaws and fallacies

2 Likes

Yeah I totally agree. And that’s part of the problem—It deserves so much more attention! But there isn’t an easy way to solve this problem

1 Like

An idea is that @hopscotch-curators could update the #GameChangers tab a little more often. BUT ONLY with REALLY well coded projects, like @ThinBuffalo’s insanely coded Rubix Cube.

Edit: Right now it seems like that tab isn’t ever going to be updated

4 Likes

Here’s my thought—

#Featured is updated a little too often, and #GameChangers isn’t updated enough.

Anyone agree?

4 Likes

I do think Featured could maybe only get, say, 5ish projects a week, and Game Changers has really good, innovative games, and I guess, since many good coders aren’t around anymore, people don’t aspire to be as well as the awesome coders and don’t make really good projects. And then Game Changers doesn’t have a lot of good projects. Although XAMANION’s Twisty Arrow game is a really good project and I think it deserves Game Changers.

3 Likes

I defiantly agree, there hasn’t been a game changer in, what…10 weeks now?

3 Likes

I also agree that Twisty Arrow should be game changer

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly! @XAMANION have you been on #gamechangers yet? I do think that project deserves to be on it

3 Likes

@thedeliciousorange @pandas we could second/third it on the game changers nomination topic (I nominated it yesterday)

4 Likes

Could you send a link to that please?

2 Likes

Ok P.S. I need the link too.

2 Likes

Here’s an idea—

What if we made a page that people could submit their own projects and ask if it is “Feature-worthy”, and people could give their opinions, and perhaps say if it needs a little more work, or if it’s perfect.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes