We Can Make the Featured Page Better • Click here to learn how!

improvement
featured
howtoimprove

@Awesome_E My middle school did because people used it to just chat during class

3 Likes

I got started in hopscotch because it was automatically downloaded on my only iPad, my school iPad during hour of code in 5th grade. So schools are a big part.

3 Likes

same

3 Likes

We appreciate the help with only nominating strong projects for featured.
Making featured a goal is important to us. We want to have all the projects on featured be high quality, fun to play, and attractive projects. However, a lot of it is out of our control. We can’t feature super good projects if only very few Hopscotchers are making them. We should all encourage each other to try to push ourselves when creating projects to make them the best they can be.

Just pointing out: two projects being featured a day at least five days a week has been going on for many years, and projects a couple years back would still got high amounts of likes.

6 Likes

@hopscotch-curators That is the point @Awesome_E was making, back in the day were the only times when all featured projects got 2000+ likes. If you can take a look at usage/active account data over the years we can tell if less people are using Hopscotch or just project quality has significantly dropped. Don’t forget we appreciate all the hard work and time you put into keeping the featured page running, and we understand things are getting out-of-control. We need to figure out why.

3 Likes

I reckon the latter. Yes, it is good that more new people are joining HS, but about half of them would never actually make a good quality project. There are so many art & RP accs.

2 Likes

Yes we agree, we were just trying to show @PandaS that we don’t think too many projects in featured on the issue. Like what you said, most likely due to Hopscotch getting banned from schools, so less people to make projects (less high quality, feature deserving projects) and less people to like the projects.

5 Likes

Well now me must find a solution I reckon. So to start, do we need more active users?

2 Likes

@hopscotch-curators I think it’s definitely more than schools leaving

2 Likes

But why then do you believe so?

2 Likes

Do schools really make up 90% of the app’s downloads? Seems a little far-fetched.
Something like 75 or 80 percent makes sense, but I think it’s unlikely that schools make up 90% of downloads and nobody with a school iPad does not have it at home as well

2 Likes

@Awesome_E I only had it on one iPad. The school iPad.

2 Likes

You have HS now though, right? I mean, most people who are actually interested may at least check it once a month at home, which means even if 90% of plays came from schools, at least some people would have it at home
(make sense? no? ok)

2 Likes

Still on my highschools iPad lol

2 Likes

umm ok… That’s kinda silly <- Spam that mention button for a good meme

2 Likes

Again that? What’s the meme? I mean it’s a good classic song but…

2 Likes

Are you implying that i should make or finish something

Yes. The force feels odd around me. Some have described it as cold.

3 Likes

No?

I’m just saying Even @ThinBuffalo’s epic 3D Rubik’s cube is only at about 500

3 Likes

@Awesome_E Yes that is sad. His formulas and math operators are insane

2 Likes

Give me a few months I’ll get at least 700
: )

3 Likes