ASK TO JOIN!
By Panda Studios
Last Edited 3.7.19
Why It Should Change
There’s been lot’s of talk on how the Hopscotch Featured page is slowly decreasing of quality. And I agree. Featured isn’t even a goal anymore (at least for me). I don’t disagree that new Hopscotchers get to be Featured. I know a lot of Hopscotchers leave because they don’t get Featured. This is most likely the reason for the dramatic change in Featured quality.
But, in my eyes, there are much more problems with this new concept.
(Btw, I mean no offense to anyone. I am just stating my opinion)
- Where’s that Motivation? Especially for intermediate coders, when getting on Featured is so easy, it’s just “meh”. When I got my first featured, maybe a year ago, I was yelling at the top of my lungs and showing my family eagerly. Same with the next two Features. But then, it sorta got downhill when the quality decreased. Now, I’m not disagreeable when I get Featured, just… unsatisfied, especially if that project might deserve a bit more.
- Well Deserved Projects Are Shunned. People have lower expectations, and therefore well-produced projects are shunned while being displayed next to poorly made featured projects. It is just a tiny bit unfair—Like for example, ThinBaffalo’s Rubik’s cube, which probably took him months, was displayed next to (not trying to be mean here), not-so-well coded projects.
Forum Opinions (other than mine)
BUT Since the Change Won’t Happen Anytime Soon...
Let’s help improve the Featured page together by ONLY nominating project that are
- Coded with at least intermediate code, meaning values & hopefully some variables
- Projects that are creative, original, engaging, and
- Projects that are made in a way you know the Hopscotcher spent just a little extra time to make it prettier
- Projects published with an attractive screenshot
- Projects that are innovative, with little mistakes, and have some modern coding
Edit For the Comments
But it is understood Featured is now a little bit out of control, and the Featured page is difficult to run especially when the people running it are working hard to try to please everyone. This problem is a Toughy to fix… (ima gonna edit this later but I’m sorta brainwashed at the moment)
The Official List
How Much Did You Like This Article?
How Likely Are You Going To Visit My Other Articles?