Ways to Create A Lot of Clones Fast

So, let’s say you want to make a game, and you need to create 100 clones of an object. You don’t want your user to wait! Now, usually you put this:

That takes around 3.7 seconds to finish. That is way too long! Especially if you need to create more than 100 clones. Here are two fast ways to create a lot of clones fast.

Number One:

When you type this in, the original object starts creating clones. The amazing thing is that the clones start creating more clones, so your done cloning in about 0.1 seconds!!!

Number Two:

This is currently only possible when you use @Awesome_E’s JSON Shortcut, which you can access here. This creates all of your clones RIGHT AWAY in less then 0.1 seconds! The problem is that the bigger the clone value, the longer the delay.

I hope this was helpful!

21 Likes

This is cool!

Thanks, I’ll fine tell try it out

7 Likes

Great tutorial! I’ll definitely use this in the future :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Wow, that is a really well-written and informative tutorial!

6 Likes

Woah! This is faster than what I do :)) will def use this!

6 Likes

very nice tutorial!

5 Likes

hey really well written!

5 Likes

Cool tutorial

2 Likes

Awesome. Maybe mention why you use

When ((self.total clones) < (101))
instead of
When ((self.total clones) < (100))
to create 100 clones.

Also, another really fast way is spam​ming the second method. Using custom rules you can easily get 100 of them and with each clone running them each frame that’s a lot of clones. If you add enough before any other rules then it should work similarly to the single block method.

7 Likes

That will create 128 clones because they double every frame. Therefore, I only recommend that if you actually need every clone and it is a power of two (128 = 27).

That being said, this could still be a linked help guide in my HS Blocks Guide.

7 Likes

Actually it won’t.

6 Likes

Interesting. Yet cloning still counts as a frame?

6 Likes

It should.

5 Likes

Nice topic :clap:t2:.

5 Likes

Hi @Shadow_Spider! I think that this guide is amazing and can be helpful for new users, and that it is something we can consider putting in the official Hopscotch docs (put together by THT) as a tutorial. What do you think about that?

7 Likes

Omg! Yes! Couple things.

1. Is there anything I need to add to it?
  2. Can I post the link to it on my bio?
7 Likes
  1. looks fine to me. We asked cuz it was a great tutorial. If you wanna add anything then go ahead, but that’s really up to you
  2. sure if you want :slight_smile:
8 Likes

Then you can add it in.

4 Likes

Tht will add it when they add the rest ;)) patience

4 Likes

Let me just change one of the pics so it’s easier to understand ;:

4 Likes