Wash your hands contest!

This is a challenge hosted by me and not a leader/THT-approved or -hosted challenge

Wash your hands contest!

Hello everyone! In these times, it’s more important than ever to have good hand hygiene. To spread awareness to wash your hands, I am hosting the “Wash your hands contest”.

The task is simple:
Create any kind of project (except a drawing) that reminds people to wash their hands. It can be an animation, a timer, an informational project, or something else!

The rules are:

• Challenge entries should be posted before 2020-05-03T10:00:00Z, but as this reminder is very important, you can still make a project after this date, post it in this topic and tag me. This will not count as an entry, but you will receive likes and maybe a secret prize from me.

• Drawings (hand-drawn art) can not be submitted to this contest, unfortunately, but that doesn’t prevent you from drawing something but just not posting it as an entry.

• Due to the current situations with remixes, no remixed projects (even those with the remix bar present) remixing code that is not clearly a template or made open-source by the original author.

Judging:
Judging will start after the entry due date. Judging will be public: the community will vote for their favorite project.

Prizes:
Prizes will be revealed closer to the due date - but I promise that I have some great ones in store :wink:

Good luck!

Post your challenge entries on this topic. No special title for the project is required, as long as you are the creator of it and it was created after April 1, 2020.

22 Likes

Inspiration:

Resources for how to properly wash your hands:
https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/

Just one example of what you can do:

17 Likes

Nice comp!

I might be able to participate and code a small project

11 Likes

Heh very cool

I may work on something later

12 Likes

this sounds cool!
btw you’re supposed to wash your hands for 20 seconds, maybe you could code a song that’s 20 seconds long??? idk just an idea for people

10 Likes

Any contribution counts! The idea wasn’t actually that people should be making massive projects, just look at my inspiration project posted above. The comp is only to encourage spreading the word about how important it is to wash your hands, really.

9 Likes

Awesome!! I think I’ll definitely be participating

8 Likes

Ah, nice!

It’s a good way to encourage people as well!

10 Likes

I think I will be participating.

7 Likes

seems interesting… I might do something…

8 Likes

ooh, I smell a “songs to wash your hands to” coming up :yum:

11 Likes

Wash dem hands children

9 Likes

can I submit my project whenever I want until may

9 Likes

ok here it is I worked really hard on it

10 Likes

There, done. I probably could have done something better but I’m lazy.

11 Likes

Did i just predict this contest

8 Likes

I might do something, we’ll see.

Nice idea Will :slight_smile:

10 Likes

If you don’t have time to enter it by then:

You can submit it any time before the due date. I see you already posted a project though - thanks for the entry!

7 Likes