Want to be a character in my game?

shapes
new_game
characters
trailart

I’m planning on getting a Hopscotch subscription over the summer. After the summer contest, around mid-July, I want to make a game where the forumers can collaborate without having to remix projects.

The Game

I like making games with a story. The game is tentatively titled “Hopscotch Escape.” It will be in phase four (during 7/8-7/21) of my four phase plan for summer (right now I am working on projects in “Phase One.”)
Plot: When Hopscotchers press play on a featured project, they are sucked into Hopscotch! You team up with a group of Hopscotchers to figure out how to escape. During your adventure, you harness the power of code to defeat bugs, journey through the program, and solve the mystery of how Hopscotch is sucking people in!

The Need

I need a few non-player characters to interact with people who play the game. I was thinking that these NPCs could represent forumers. These characters would have little nametags over their head showing their username. Some would talk directly to the player, others would wander around a bit in the background or make a cameo.

How You Can Get Involved

I’m thinking there could be two ways for you to become an NPC character.

1. You choose a Hopscotch character like Bear or Octo. These NPC characters would most likely walk around a bit in the background or pass by the player. I’ll be doing all the coding, just let me know if you want to be in it.
  2. You draw, code shapes, or code trail art to represent your character. Your character could be a donut, a penguin, or whatever you think represents yourself best. Depending on how much effort you put into your creation, your NPC might talk to the player or help them out somehow. I would take a screenshot of your creation, edit out the background, and add it into the game when I work on it. If you choose to make your own character, I would like you to have a project/photo before the end of June.

Form

Copy/paste the form below if you would like to be in my game:

Do you want to be a Hopscotch character or design your own character?
What will you be?
What username do you want to appear above your character?
If you are coding or drawing, when do you think it would be finished?
If you are coding/drawing a detailed character to have it talk with others, what are some things you might want to have your NPC say?

Thanks for reading! After this next batch of projects I’m working on I’ll be able to show more ideas for this game.
@omtl

Current Forum Characters to be in game

@Jedi4Jesus
IMG_3906
@DECODECO
fullsizeoutput_cb0
@TheBest1Ever
fullsizeoutput_cb2
@Mr.rex
images
@WynterDiamond

@Stal98
fullsizeoutput_cb6
@NindroidGames
Porg animation thing
IMG_3975IMG_3976
@Kayro
fullsizeoutput_cb7
@KoalaKrazy

nom%20nom%20eating%20leaves

Once I receive more images that people are drawing, they will be listed here too.

Drawing On Paper Compared to an IPad (Shading, shaping, etc) Topic 16 [OFFICIAL]

Do you want to be a Hopscotch character or design your own character? Hopscotch character
What will you be? Robo
What username do you want to appear above your character? Jedi4Jesus
If you are coding or drawing, when do you think it would be finished?
If you are coding/drawing a detailed character to have it talk with others, what are some things you might want to have your NPC say?

Do you want to be a Hopscotch character or design your own character? Design
What will you be? My oc that looks like me
What username do you want to appear above your character? PPizzawolFF
If you are coding or drawing, when do you think it would be finished? Tomorrow to June 1st
If you are coding/drawing a detailed character to have it talk with others, what are some things you might want to have your NPC say? Ayyyy, isn’t this cool

Do you want to be a Hopscotch character or design your own character? Character
What will you be? Dino
What username do you want to appear above your character? TheBest1Ever

This sounds pretty cool… can I join?

Do you want to be a Hopscotch character or design your own character? Character
What will you be? Bird, croc, toucan (whichever one is not taken)
What username do you want to appear above your character? Decode, co.
If you are coding or drawing, when do you think it would be finished? N/A
If you are coding/drawing a detailed character to have it talk with others, what are some things you might want to have your NPC say? I just want the character to help out the player

Yup, just fill out the form.

@thebest1ever
As for having a speaking character, they’d just be explaining to the player what to do. I didn’t know if there was another little fun thing you wanted to add or not.

I think Bird would fit you, DECODECO, since you like birds. Would you want Bird to be larger or smaller than her standard size? Do you want a color filter? (Note: I tried orange but it didn’t work as well as I hoped, Bird still stayed greenish)

I’ll try it out and tell you what color I would like bird to be. Thanks for the info!

You can make something up, as long as I’m in it :slight_smile:

HSB (50,100,100) would be great for the bird.

For Dino, do you want him to be normal size or slightly larger/smaller? And would you like a color filter?

But I think Parrot would work better

Ok. Would you like the same color filter on parrot?

Yes, please. I tried it out and it created the same color effect.

Ok, awesome.

This sounds really cool!

Form

Copy/paste the form below if you would like to be in my game:

Do you want to be a Hopscotch character or design your own character? I guess my own
What will you be? can you just use my PFP or will that stand out too much
What username do you want to appear above your character? Mr.rex! (! Included)
If you are coding or drawing, when do you think it would be finished? ^^^^^
If you are coding/drawing a detailed character to have it talk with others, what are some things you might want to have your NPC say? Hi I’m rex. do u also like foxes? [maybe some small tip for the game]. now I’M trapped the game… greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. huh? No, I mostly draw. UNDERTALE. J U S T U N D E R T A L E.

Does this sound good? I can’t wait to see your game!

Slightly bigger, maybe an orange filter if it looks good otherwise none.