Wait Seconds Bug [OPEN]

In the beta editor, when you use the wait seconds block, it treats it as if it is milliseconds, and even if you change it, it will stay the same. You can only change it after you exit the draft.

Sorry this is a little rushed. I’m busy right now.

@Ana @awesomeonion

18 Likes

huh, I guess the code for that block is slightly broken then
idk tho i don’t have the beta

6 Likes

Hmmm, weird

5 Likes

Very odd…

4 Likes

Odd. I will try this out later on my iPad and post my results here.

4 Likes

The way our versioning system works is that there are minor updates (1.2.0 -> 1.2.1) (bug fixes, new blocks) and major updates (1.2.0 -> 1.3.0) that will break aspects of projects on earlier versions. If you start a project on 1.2.0 and we release 1.2.1 your project will be automatically updated. If you start a project on 1.2.0 and we release 1.3.0 your project will not be automatically upgraded to 1.3.0.

I think what happened is that you opened a draft that had version 1.2.x and tried to use the “wait block”. We forgot to add a minor version update to 1.2.x that would add in the wait block, and thus it didn’t work at all for you.

I’m adding it to our bug tracker and we should have a fix shortly.

In the meantime, you can long press your draft and press the “Upgrade” button to change your project to the latest version. If it’s a large and complex project there’s a chance something could break so I suggest also making a duplicate in order to save your work.

10 Likes

Does that only work in the Beta editor?

6 Likes

No it works all the time.

3 Likes

Ah. The latest version (3.37.5) is needed, which didn’t have.

5 Likes