The Wait (seconds) block is inaccurate & I found a case where a longer wait times executes quicker than a shorter wait time.
I was going to test the new collisions and decided to make a more accurate FPS counter than the traditional method. Hours later I can definitively say that the wait seconds block doesn’t work as expected.
I tested using multiple texts with a simple counter:
- (just to note the behavior) Any time < 0.01s waited 1 frame
- wait 0.01s causes a delay of more than one frame (at 60 FPS, 1 frame should be approx .0167s)
- wait 0.0167s delays significantly more than 1 frame
- wait 0.017s delayed less than 0.0167s
Suggested Impact: all users (I assume the behavior is consistent for everyone)
Suggested Severity: low