Videos Created by Hops!

Not saying to use the HS it definitely isn’t my fave either and sorry if I sound rude, also btw do you have to use a custom image for all text though to make it a different font?

Fonts really are just personal preference and I could probably spend hours trying to find a font

Not trying to say it looks bad, it would look really cool on a letter BG like this imo

2 Likes

Yes, unless Hopscotch allows us to use different fonts for text via code.

2 Likes

This shows the button select animation, which will reflect the behavior in the actual game. The highlight pulsating animation was solely for gamepad support. Also includes a custon]m background with moving clouds. Yes, the clouds do move fast, but if I go any slower, the clouds will jitter. Still no function, as this is just a test project.

*This video is slightly blurry because it was resized after capturing. It’ll be more clean in the actual gameplay.

@FearlessPhoenix and @SilverSong

@StarlightStudios

4 Likes

I meant to say “custom.” I accidentally typed “custon”, so I tried to fix it, but ended up typing ] instead of tapping the delete key. I’m still getting used to my full size keyboard. I have the tab key and everything, and I don’t need to tap .?!123 to type numbers or some symbols. I can also easily type ` without long pressing '.

2 Likes

Looks good but I think that maybe you should make the ‘back’ option red?

1 Like

The reason why the “Reset All Progress” button is red is because when tapped, you are about to do an action that cannot be undone.

2 Likes

Oh! I didn’t know why it was red

2 Likes

Well now you know…

I decided to swap “Reset” and “Back” anyways, so now like colors are grouped together.

1 Like

How did you do the clouds lol

1 Like

They’re two images, I just did a looping trick to make it look like there’s infinite clouds.

1 Like

noice, i am going to try that my self

1 Like

Minimum coin “requirement” for level 1 and how to achieve it:

@FearlessPhoenix @SilverSong

@braynee202 the actual coin requirement is only 14/32 coins.

Edit: I was wrong again. It’s actually 13/32 coins (not captured on video).

2 Likes

me with 16:

dying

well, i still have you in level 5, and also did all those other levels you never did

2 Likes

one step behind you, crosby!!

i also improved my scores in levels 3 and 5 by one coin

guess this means i have the record in every level 1-9 now? level 10 is painful

golly, this needs a topic

2 Likes

hopscotch gaming topic

5 Likes

¿¿¿where???

3 Likes

im proposing that name

2 Likes

then we need gaming terminology- -

this is the run category poverty%

3 Likes

There are a couple of HS leaderboard comps, including the one I made even though it’s not super active anymore but here are some

Old Comp:

3 Likes

Preview of Level Editor

@FearlessPhoenix @SilverSong

@Spy_Guy_96 @Rapterdragon_83

8 Likes