Version 3.50.0 Official Topic (New Block Alert!🚨)

Hey Hopscotchers, you’re getting a new block in this release! Check out the “Set Background” block in the “Looks & Sound” section for an easy way to change the color of your entire project.

And a bug fix: Previously, you could not tap on the top area of your screen between the UI buttons in Hopscotch. This is now fixed. Hat tip to C.H.Rissole for reporting this bug!

You can send us an email at hello@gethopscotch.com with your feedback/questions/comments!

34 Likes

First post!

6 Likes

I really like how you can still use the draw a trail block over the background colour, very useful.

10 Likes

You should test out the variable thing and see if that had been fixed too. If not, it might be fixed in the next version.

Edit: It definitely hasn’t… yet…

9 Likes

Cool I love this

7 Likes

Nope, has not been fixed yet.

7 Likes

Well, at least the one old bug is finally fixed (the one regarding UI).

7 Likes

ooh this is rad! thanks yuanyuan!

9 Likes

I think I explained this badly;

I meant that you can change the background colour without deleting any trail art.

6 Likes

omg! great job THT!!! those are awesome - especially for the UI buttons fix!!! (boop tysm for that t1 too!)

7 Likes

This is probably the first time an update went from one major version directly to the next

Awesome updates like these are exactly why I always wonder what’s next for Hopscotch.

Just a friendly reminder: you will still get a little white flash when switching scenes for the first time due to how Hopscotch loads them.

Edit: wow! 47 blocks Hopscotch has now (46 for those who aren’t seed developers). Impressive. Yes, I counted.

6 Likes

excluding advanced mode though.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, only 42 for non-subscribers.

4 Likes

Awesome update!

4 Likes

Is this a new bug with the Set Background block?

4 Likes

no, it was always here before

4 Likes

Ah okay thanks!

5 Likes

Yes!!! That is great!! Ngl I used to think that was intentional lol Thanks for the update!

4 Likes

Nah, scenes in Hopscotch are initially white when they load in.

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting this feature ever since I started Hopscotch, so I’m glad it’s finally here!
Maybe in the future there could be a whole selection of background blocks (for gradient backgrounds, striped backgrounds, etc), as suggested in this topic.

3 Likes