Version 3.49.0 Official Topic (Parameters and New Clone Behavior!)

i updated it to the latest player and it works :)

2 Likes

WOOO this is amazing!

6 Likes

@/t1_hopscotch

will the Set Variation to 0 read once just like when game starts or it’ll be read each frame just like when game is playing?

3 Likes

anyone pls? i need to code for the spring comp

2 Likes

I can’t because I cannot understand that one bit

2 Likes

@Yuanyuan

I have to pay seeds now to update Haunted Hollow?

Seriously, Just spent 50 seeds and I tapped Update. It turned into a new game

Can someone help me out?

3 Likes

Are you still subscribed to hopscotch? If not I believe you need to buy the custom images.

4 Likes

I unsubscribed on the 23rd of January. Oof

Thanks

3 Likes

It will be read just once when the game starts, similar to if it was a set variable block outside the custom rule^^

4 Likes

If you have a project that’s coded in advanced mode, and you no longer have a subscription, you will not be able to publish an update to your project.

If you have a project that uses custom art (but it’s not in advanced mode), and you no longer have the subscription, you will need to purchase custom art to make an update as a remix.

8 Likes

Okay, thanks.

I guess

But I can’t update haunted hollow though.

3 Likes

I think you can update it. I was messing around with tutorial code and one video had advanced mode but was not locked. You can publish an update, but you can’t draft.

4 Likes

Oh the video tutorials should not have advanced mode since they’re meant for everyone. Do you know which one had the advanced mode, so I can change that?

2 Likes

Clones: Adding More Enemies

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for letting me know — it should be fixed now. (I thought I had fixed it, but it wasn’t yet for both the second and third clone video.)

3 Likes

@t1_hopscotch quick question

I know it’s irrelevant now, but is there still any chance that custom sounds will be added to Hopscotch in the future?

If so:

• What format(s) would it support? (mp3 / mp4 / midi)
  • What would be its limitations? (max length / file size)

I’m already aware it will require moderation (to prevent anything inappropriate or copyright), just like custom images. Might also be best if placed exclusively behind Advanced Mode.

Working on anything at the moment? Why did I ask that?

3 Likes

There probably should be a max length because you don’t want your project loading for an hour :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A project loading error will occur way before an hour due to timing out. Plus, it’s to prevent major lag in projects.

2 Likes

There definitely is!
I think your considerations with format and limitation are important — it would be nice to have looping music, background music as well as sound effects.

And it probably would make sense to have it treated like custom images, in terms of the moderation process.

And it’s fine to ask! Not really working on personal Hopscotch projects at the moment — did start one for an event in the #competitions-and-events category but might not finish it in time.

2 Likes

I have some files in the MP3 format ranging from 3.1 MB (2:36) to 14.8 MB (10:16).

I wonder if MIDI is smaller than MP3 (although I don’t know much about it).

And yes, I did once make a song over 10 minutes long.

And I have seen projects get slow when it’s over 3 MB. My device can handle it, not sure about the others, though…

Best of luck with that.

2 Likes