Version 3.49.0 Official Topic (Parameters and New Clone Behavior!)

Oh by that, I meant to create a new scene, and then change scene to that new scene.

That means that the Change Scene block is not the problem, but it’s the womp was occurring when the deleted scene was loading. (in conjunction with the other point of that scene womping when it’s the first scene in a project)

5 Likes

boop, here

3 Likes

Yeah I figured this was why

3 Likes

hey, does logging off my account updates all my draft to the latest player?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t, since each draft has a player version tied to it

2 Likes

Really sorry about these issues.
We fixed nested custom rules (custom rules inside custom rules) from older projects now.

If you saved a copy before updating to latest player, is it working now? If not, we can also restore an older version of the project.

4 Likes

What if I’m in a school iPad and there’s no AppStore?

2 Likes

Reinstall from self service (if you have it) :]

2 Likes

and what about the new ones?

1 Like

can you please publish your posts about 3.49.0 here or start a new topic? ty :)

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Extra frames consumed for immediate blocks in containers, in certain orders

New projects will use the newest custom rule / ability system.

Also, whatever you do, do not update an old project to the latest player (especially those with custom rules and/or abilities). It’ll completely break (the warning pretty much says it all, so it’s to be expected). The blocks do run, but the breakage might be caused by the change in execution time where the old project relied on those delays to work correctly.

This update has opened a new world of possibilities. I’m excited to know what’s next for Hopscotch.

4 Likes

Can someone give me an example of when they used this? (with the link)

4 Likes

Custom Rules:

• Fireworks Sparks (20)
  • Gradient Color1 (Purple) Color2 (Yellow) //previously known as Draw Background
  • Make a Grid Size (5) //new
  • Mirror Draw Symmetry (5)

Custom Abilities:

• Spin Times (5)

These are all of the preset blocks that THT added the parameters to. Preview is in bold
Shows default values

I also added my own in this project: Point Towards custom ability by Crosbyman64 (credit obviously goes to ThinBuffalo)

In this project (A bunch of custom blocks by Crosbyman64) I added a whole bunch of different custom blocks. Some are more useful than others.

4 Likes

My Ice-Cream Parlor game works on the app, but on the website, it doesn’t seem to work with the new update.

2 Likes

I haven’t updated yet
Should I update, or should I wait until the major bugs are fixed?

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter. Older projects will still use the old webplayer. The worst of the bug that occurred should be patched.

2 Likes

Oh that doesn’t seem right, I’ll have a look into this. Seems like the custom images are loading in the app but not on the website.

4 Likes

There’s a few things I’m wondering:

When we eventually gain the ability to share code, if the custom rule/ability contains game/object/user variables,

1. Will they automatically disappear from the code if the person hasn’t yet made the variables?
  2. Will the variables create themselves to compensate for the ones the person hasn’t yet made?
  3. Will sharing just fail because it contains variables that are tied to the project?
3 Likes

The webplayer caches itself on the browser, so check back tomorrow to see if it still happens

3 Likes