Version 3.48.1 Official Topic

Some new functionality coming atcha!

You asked and we answered: the comment block is here. Use this block to annotate your code so others can understand it.

And for those of you with advanced mode: now you can delete scenes! This was an oversight for too long.

Lastly, project files should now be a little bit smaller, we’ve improved the cleanup code, just for you!

Shoot us an email at hello@gethopscotch.com with any questions/comments/concerns. And if you love Hopscotch, don’t forget to leave us a review!

32 Likes

Yay
This is a great update
Good job Hopscotch

6 Likes

More secret blocks added officaly to Hopscotch is always great

6 Likes

Yes yes yessss I need comments and delete scenes

This will make collaborating so much easier Bc you could leave notes for your fellow coders

8 Likes

This is great. Now people will be able to use comment blocks without having to modify their project via Awesome_E’s Project Builder nor Project Composer Shortcut.

And I can guess there were some people who’ve been wanting to delete scenes because they either A. No longer needed them, or B. Accidentally added one.

9 Likes

Does the Comment block consume a frame, or is it like Set blocks where the Player continues with the next block during the same frame?

7 Likes

I can confirm that the Comment Blocks do indeed consume one frame per block, which isn’t very practical.

7 Likes

Yesss a comment block!! This is going to be so helpful!

5 Likes

there are 1 to 5 milliseconds spent for the comment block
it’s exactly the same thing as wait(0) block (in the middle)

3 Likes

This is a great addition! I’m sure people will find this very useful!
I could see someone making an in-editor tutorial of some kind.

2 Likes

cool thats aweseome

2 Likes

YESSS! !! FINALLY!!! I have wanted comment blocks for forever

3 Likes

Ikr so have I
im glad someone else is equally as excited as me!

1 Like

Yasss slay gurll

2 Likes

I think he’s a boy/man. (correct me if im wrong)

Yes, finally! This is going to be so helpful!

She wasn’t assuming someone’s gender (although it very much sounded like it).

1 Like

Hi @AwesomeOnion

Are there any plans to update the Comment block so it doesn’t consume a frame? Couldn’t the Player “simply” ignore it?

The Comment block is a great addition for obvious reasons, but… it should not affect the execution of the code, right?

As always, thank you for your efforts.

5 Likes

We’re working on a player update that will fix it. But yea, in the meantime for v1.5 I can do a quick fix.

9 Likes

Fixed now. Comments will no longer take a full frame.

10 Likes