Version 3.47.2 Official Topic (New Blocks!)

Exciting news, Hopscotchers:
:drum: :drum:
You now have three brand new types of blocks to play with!

You can now make rules using “not” statements. Look for the “when not” block in the conditionals menu for the “when” blocks. You can also add “not” to a “check once if” and “check if else” blocks. If the statement is false, then your code will execute. For example, if you want to ensure your character object is flipped, use the “not” block to check if it’s not flipped, then add the “flip” block inside.

Speaking of “flipped,” there are new “flipped” blocks! Now, you can use “when flipped” in the conditionals menu for the “when” blocks to make rules for what an object should do when it is flipped. You can also add “flipped” to “check once if” and “check if else” blocks.

Finally, there’s now a block called “name” in the object variables menu. Use this block to get the name of your object without having to set a new variable. Sweet!

You’ll also notice that if you long press on an object in the stage, you’ll see a menu that will let you duplicate, rename, or delete it. Plus, if you resized your object before you duplicated it, the copy will be the same size. That way, you won’t have to resize it every time you copy it.

Bug fixes in this version include:

• Long custom rule names will wrap, instead of get cut off.
  • The “mirror” sample rule will mirror all 4 clones, instead of just 3 of them.

Other changes to our new release:

• To rename an object, long-press the object and three options will pop up: “Duplicate” “Rename” and “Delete”. Select “Rename” to give your object a new name.

We love to hear from you! Send feedback to hello@gethopscotch.com.

Happy Hopscotching!

31 Likes

Epic
Finally a not conditional

9 Likes

ooooohhh this is cool! Super excited for this

4 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to try it out!

5 Likes

I love using not blocks and this will make my life so much easier, great update :>

7 Likes

yes

Does this mean the name you put in the editor?

4 Likes

WOAH YESSS this is amazing!!

6 Likes

This will work great with the pinch feature thingy (that I finally figured out how to use :sweat_smile:)

I can’t wait to try some of these things out

7 Likes

I believe so. It’ll be the object’s label (name)

This is an awesome update, I’ll have to try it out soon. It’ll make simplifying code much easier.

5 Likes

Lol, when I saw this update and looked back in the webplayer version 1.5.18, I then noticed those blocks that were mentioned here. Next time a new webplayer version shows up, I’m going to quick-look and see if anything big changed.

6 Likes

whoa!!! this is such a sic update, i cant wait to play around with all of the new features!!

9 Likes

yo @Yuanyuan

The sizes of objects (expect text) are decreased while coding in project

4 Likes

Did you resize them and duplicate them while on this update by any chance?

3 Likes

nop
i was only coding in 2 squares

3 Likes

I can’t wait either. The new not block will be everyone’s new favorite block, since they won’t have to use a check if else block to check if the condition(s) are false.

4 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! I can’t wait to try this out!

4 Likes

@Yuanyuan this bug occurs everywhere

even in The Little Smashy

5 Likes

Oh, wow! That certainly is a huge bug.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to test the new blocks! They’re probably going to make stuff a lot easier

5 Likes

It’ll definitely be possible to make projects even more code efficient with these new blocks…

For example:

The not( ) block will make it possible to run some code when false without the need of an if else conditional, which I actually like, as I can make my games more simplified (and maybe even faster in terms of performance).

The when flipped block will make it possible to check if the object was flipped without the need for additional variables.

The name variable returns the name of the object on the editor, as mentioned in the first post.

4 Likes