Version 3.47.0 Official Topic

Get ready, Hopscotchers. This version includes a brand new feature you’re going to love!

All Hopscotchers now have access to the all-new Open Project block. Now, you can link from your project to ANY other Hopscotch project in the community. Use this block to create curated lists of your favorite projects, give shout-outs to projects that inspired yours, collaborate with friends to make multi-level games, and more!

Start by finding a project you want to link to. Tap the ‘link’ icon on the project card to copy the project’s URL, then go to your code editor. Look for the Open Project block in the Control section of the editor keyboard, then drag and drop it into your code. Tap the empty field in the block, then paste in the URL. When the block executes, it will open the specified project in play mode.

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Bug fixes in this version include:

• Classroom subscribers were getting stuck on the account creation screen when starting up the app. Now, they’ll be able to go right into the app.
  • When you update or re-publish a project in a hashtag channel, the project would display multiple times in the feed. Now, it’ll only display once, at the time of the most recent update.
  • Numbers weren’t getting rounded when they were added to text strings. Now, they’ll be rounded to 6 decimal places.
  • When you increased the size of text, the text looked blurry. Now, it will look sharp.

Happy Hopscotching!

40 Likes

Ooooo

Very nice

6 Likes

ayyy this is super sic :)) nice to see it out! this opens so many possibilities

8 Likes

Ayyyyy! Super sick update! I know what I’m gonna do this afternoon :joy:

I have so many ideas ahahahhah

8 Likes

Oooh, sweet new feature n bug fixes! Def updating HS ASAP!

7 Likes

Awesome update, I can’t wait to try it out!

7 Likes

The interface is so coool :scream:

I love how you can go back to the previous project!!

8 Likes

yeah!! its so cool :00 just tested it out and its super smooth. interface is really nice even on phones :))

9 Likes

Thank you for fixing this

5 Likes

yees

4 Likes

can you open drafts?

4 Likes

I was wondering that too

Hopefully so

If not this is useless for me

5 Likes

Nope, i checked :(

That wouldve been super cool though!

It makes sense though, because i could link a project that someone else unpublished for a reason through that

5 Likes

Oh this is very cool, nice new update!

4 Likes

it would’ve

are the project navigation buttons supposed to be wider (for example the exit button) in play mode? it looks like they are to me

3 Likes

Thanks for the great news about the update!

Is that rounding happening after every stage of a mathematical expression evaluation (like in “cos(2*x)^2”, after the multiply by 2, and after cos, and after power), or only when numbers need to be in a textual representation?

2 Likes

Much excite

4 Likes

Yo, Let’s Goooooo!

Awesome Update!

And I think I called what version number was going to be next…

5 Likes

They are bigger

1 Like

Probably the second best part of the update.

The first being the new Open Project Block

3 Likes