Version 3.45.4 Official Topic

Do you have a song in your heart, Hopscotchers? How about coding a musical masterpiece in Hopscotch?

Hopscotch Pro subscribers now have access to THREE octaves of notes, and FIVE new instruments! Just turn on Advanced Mode in your Settings to see them pop up in your editor keyboard.

New instruments include:

Ocarina

Guitar

Piano

Cello

8-Bit

You can set the tempo of your music with the new Set Tempo block, then choose your instrument(s) with the Set Instrument block. Add a Play Note block to add notes to your creation, and choose from 15 Rhythm options. You’ll also see brand new variables for Tempo and Instrument.

To get started, try searching the internet for some easy sheet music you can code into your game! Remember, if you need help, just press and hold the new blocks to see explainer text.

You will notice a whole bunch of new loading messages in this version. BIG shoutout to the Hopscotch community for supplying some hilarious jokes and interesting facts to entertain us while we wait for our projects to load!

Some of you reported problems with uploading large drafts. That should be fixed in this iteration–your biggest projects should now sync without a hitch.

This version also fixes a bug that was causing images to stretch after you edited them while using Advanced Mode. Now, images will stay the same size after editing them.

We love to hear from you! Please send feedback to hello@gethopscotch.com.

45 Likes

Omg my dreams have come true!

5 Likes

Wow? We’ve been waiting for this! Can’t wait to use the 8-bit!

6 Likes

Wow!!!

I cant wait ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does anyone have this yet?

5 Likes

woah cool

5 Likes

:0
@GweTV GWEEEE
THIS IS SOO AWESOME THANK YOUU THT!

7 Likes

I’M MAKING ALL THE SONGS FROM OCARINA OF TIME

4 Likes

Do I need to update the hs app?

4 Likes

@GweTV get over here

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see what songs the subscribers make. Too bad I’m not one…

3 Likes

I haven’t even gotten one yet. May be a while before it’s available.

4 Likes

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I also have some drafts that won’t upload currently so I need to figure out safe keeping of those

3 Likes

Try uploading them to the cloud?

3 Likes

They won’t upload to the cloud that’s the point

3 Likes

Aww, man I wish I could subscribe

3 Likes

I see… well, try publishing them, copying there links, unpublish the projects, and jot down the links somewhere. When you need the drafts again, click the link and save the project to your profile.

3 Likes

Yep, you need to be on version 3.45.4 (just released, so it might take a bit to reach you!), with Advanced Mode turned on - you can do this from your Settings menu in your Me section. (This is a subscribers only feature.) :slight_smile: Enjoy!

5 Likes

I was just going to publish, update, then unpublish

3 Likes

me waiting for 3.45.4 to reach me like

3 Likes

I guess I have to wait

3 Likes