Newbies, rejoice! You’ll see an updated onboarding flow with this version to get you started with Hopscotch in no time. After creating your account, you’ll get to watch a brand new video that explains the ins and outs of how Hopscotch coding kits work. Woohoo!
You’ll also see some cool new channels in the Hopscotch community. First, there’s a “Top Gardens” leaderboard showing the Hopscotchers who have gotten the most plants in the past week. This is a great place to look for creators to follow! Second, there’s a “Most Planted” feed showing the projects that got the most plants over the past week. Try playing some of these popular games, and give a like or a plant to show your appreciation!
There’s some big news for subscribers who use the beta editor: we heard you loud and clear - and the much-requested ‘When Is Not Touching’ block has been added. Can’t wait to see what you make with it!
Also in this update are a number of bug fixes, including:
- Error message pops up when there’s a ‘When I Get a Message’ rule and the message variable doesn’t have a value
- The keyboard doesn’t pop up with the text prompt on mobile web
- User variables don’t remember values when you close and re-enter a game in webplayer v1.5.4
- Pressing ‘Done’ or the up/down arrows when you enter a value in a math block parameter will cause the text or symbol to show up as the value
- The ‘Time’ user variable shows up as a decimal instead of an integer
Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from you!