Version 3.42.2 Official Topic

In this release you will find a few small updates for everyone, and a few big updates for the beta editor!

For everyone:

• You heard it here first: the Newest feed is back. You can see everyone’s projects now, in real time!
  • Your mushroom plants got a haircut and it looks bea-yoo-tiful.

For folks who have been playing around with beta, get excited about some awesome updates and bug fixes, including:

• Based on your feedback, “when I hear a message” is now “when I get a message”
  • Added a “matches” block for messages
  • Some new blocks to get a character in a string, get all characters in a range, and get the length of a string
  • Clone index now starts at 0 instead of 1
  • And lots more little things that should make your experience smooth and fun!

Please send your feedback to hello@gethopscotch.com–we love to hear from you!

41 Likes

Hey! Newest is back! I’m excited about that.

7 Likes

Awesome update!

5 Likes

Yay! This sounds epic! Can’t wait to update!

3 Likes

Sadly I have to wait until Self Service gets the update. :cry:

3 Likes

Yay! Welcome back Newest!

3 Likes

Just updated!

This is just a thought, but to me it seems like Newest is getting lost between the channels.
The channels are arranged alphabetically, but having Newest clumped in there seems kinda awkward. It should be moved after either Curated, Remixes, or Simulation, depending on how soon yall want people to see it. It’ll be easierly accessible near the former two, but if you don’t want it to be one of the first things you see, it should go after simulation.
Same thing with Learn Hopscotch. It should probably come after Remixes or be done alphabetically like the rest, instead of being clumped between Action and Animation.

(@Elizabeth)

8 Likes

Awww hey awesome! Going to download it rn!

3 Likes

I don’t have the update yet, but I’d like to say, this is awesome!!! :DD

Sadly, I don’t only have to wait for the update to release, but also wait for someone on the beta editor to publish a project. I’m not a subscriber nor a beta editor, and not planning to be one any time soon. Great update, though…

1 Like

Interesting question. How many more months until the current beta features are eventually added for everyone?

1 Like

Can someone show me what the new mushrooms look like? They look exactly the same to me

1 Like

The new mushroom plant has a small mushroom head sticking out the side.

Here is a sweet screenshot:

Perhaps the devs forgot to update the plant button on the projects…

Ok, strike that, it always looked the same.

5 Likes

My app is updating right now- pretty exciting.

2 Likes

Anyone else notice that the ‘save input’ block, ‘when I get a message’, ‘when () matches ()’ etc. are missing, or is it just me?

1 Like

Never mind. They’re still there.

1 Like

They release it publicly once they feel it’s ready. I don’t believe each block goes through beta for a certain amount of time just for as long as needed

They’ve only been there for a month I believe and I’m pretty sure the set z index block was in beta for a long time

2 Likes

Nice new update

2 Likes

everyone has set z index. Or are you saying when that block was still in beta…

3 Likes