Version 3.42.0 Official Topic

I think so. I know it costed money to get it at one point.

2 Likes

The app is free but the subscription costs money.

5 Likes

But it was not, at one point.

4 Likes

Yeah I remember.

5 Likes

Oh, I think that I got it free.

4 Likes

I got it in 2015. It was not free then.

4 Likes

I got it in 2017 but never started using it until 2019.

3 Likes

I remember it was free at some point in 2015. My mom originally downloaded it for free in November 2015.

2 Likes

I got it at the end of 2014, but never used it much till 2016 (I was five when we first got it) and it was free

4 Likes

I don’t know how we got from what I posted to here, but ok

4 Likes

because that’s how the English language works

I’m pretty sure it was always free? if THT ever did make it a price, it was switched back quickly because of criticism, and I think it was a good choice

3 Likes

I wasn’t trying to “tear them down”.

I was only offering constructive criticism and some feedback about the new update.

4 Likes

I got it in August 2015. I think it costed something, but I might just be remembering wrong.

3 Likes

The in-app purchases are fine. I just feel like the app is really pushing options to buy things (seeds for example). That’s perfectly fine, it’s just when it starts to get pushed (with the addition of plants) is when I start to question what the app’s future will be.

I agree with you about the “Hopscotch is dying” part. It’s not dying, merely changing its course. The question is, will the community like or not? Only time will tell.

9 Likes

To be honest, I think they can have as many in-app purchase things as they like, and I couldn’t care less. But what really gets under my skin is that you can’t normally publish more than 15 projects on a new account without having to buy the sub for at least some length of time.

I think that pushes away new hopscotchers who like making projects but don’t want to spend any money.

7 Likes

Agreed

4 Likes

They did that so the subscription seemed more worth the buy. No one was buying the subscription because they saw that they could create projects without issue, why would I need these extra things like images or custom profile pictures?

Plants aren’t pushing you to buy things but giving you more options with your seeds. People who have seeds already can give them to their favorite creator.

12 Likes

@ some point (late 2015?) hs cost 9.99 for a few months

2 Likes

I agree that there can be as many in app purchase as they want but, my opinion on it is that they shouldn’t have it seem like that their asking for lots of money. The mushroom/plant button is very big and colorful. It’s like they replaced when the project was published with the giant mushroom button. It also makes the like button be way smaller and harder to press. I used to like everything that my followers published but, now I only press the like button when I find a project that I actually enjoy. Plants/mushrooms are an optional thing that’s more for subscribers and I don’t think that they should be pushing you to buy them. It seems like they are because the plant/mushroom button giant and colorful. Also, I agree that it’s really not fair that you can only publish 15 projects if your not a subscriber. Many coders probably want to code a lot and publish all their awesome coding but they are not a subscriber. It must be very hard to decide what to publish because the number of projects that they can publish is very limited.

6 Likes

Oof, yeah, maybe 15 drafts? But pub,I shed projects is insane, I’m lucky to have an old acc.

4 Likes