Version 3.42.0 Official Topic

Have you ever wanted to thank your favorite Hopscotch creators for making games you love?

Now you can - with all-new Hopscotch plants!

Plants are digital gifts that Hopscotchers can give each other to show appreciation for their hard work.

Giving plants is easy. All you have to do is:

1. Get some seeds by tapping your seed balance on your profile or the ‘Get seeds!’ button on the bottom bar;
  2. Tap the ‘give a plant’ button on a project in the community; and
  3. Confirm you want to use seeds to give a plant.

Creators will get a notification when they receive a plant. You can also see all your plants on the new ‘Plants’ tab in the ‘Me’ section.

Subscribers will get a free allowance of seeds they can spend on gifting plants to their favorite creators. You can see how many seeds you have at any given time in the ‘Me’ section.

Hopscotch has always aimed to create a community of positivity and encouragement, and it is our hope that plants will go a long way towards furthering this goal!

As always, please feel free to share feedback with us at hello@gethopscotch.com!

33 Likes

First.
Nice! Sounds cool!
Is it already out?

9 Likes

Just released it - may take a bit for the update to reach you!

12 Likes

that’s cool!

is there anything plants do other than show appreciation for a creator’s hard work?

7 Likes

Omg this is so cool! Tysm!!!

6 Likes

Wow, this is really awesome! I love the idea behind it too, super super nice thing to do :))

8 Likes

Cool!
Can’t wait to see the update!

7 Likes

That‘s a great idea! Looking forward to it! :eyes:

5 Likes

Yay! I’m gonna spend a few bucks on plats as soon as I get the update!

4 Likes

This is an amazing idea! Really encourages subscribing!

Also, what do plants do? They are collectibles right?

4 Likes

Yep, exactly!

7 Likes

I be,leve they are like stickers, but I haven’t updated yet

5 Likes

Are there different design es available? Like different kinds

6 Likes

Ok :+1:

It would be nice that a plant could give the creator like 5 seeds when they get it

But it’s still a cool idea! Like reddit stickers!

6 Likes

For now, we just have one…but there may be more soon… :wink: :seedling: :sunflower:

9 Likes

Nice! Would be awesome as an art challenge hint hint

6 Likes

Also, a new reason to aim for a featured!

Edit: updating right now!

4 Likes

Yes! Although I plan on donating my plants to a few little known hsers first!

5 Likes

Amazing!

4 Likes

Will you be able to see who people gave their plants to be be notified when someone gives you one?

5 Likes