Version 3.41.6 Official Topic

Have you ever wanted to build a chatbot? :left_speech_bubble::robot: Well, you’re in luck - because now you can code with text strings in Hopscotch!

Subscribers with the beta editor turned ON can now use text as values in addition to numbers. Now, you’ll be able to switch to the letters keyboard when working with variables and conditionals. You’ll also see some brand new blocks:

• “Matches”: takes 2 numbers or texts and treats them as strings, testing whether they match
  • “(Self) Text”: gets the text of your object
  • “Save Input”: will prompt the user for a text input, and then save it as a variable
  • “Broadcast Message”: will broadcast a message you define to the other objects in your game
  • “When I Hear”: will execute when the object “hears” a broadcasted message

You’ll be able to build everything from a chatbot that can have conversations with your players to choose-your-own-adventure games!

Please note this feature is currently only available to subscribers with the beta editor turned ON.

Bug fixes in this release include:

• When you delete a variable using the “clear” or “X” buttons you’ll no longer see the word “clear” in your text field. (Cause that was pretty weird.)
  • Stopped phantom images from reappearing after you’d already deleted them from your project.
39 Likes

The chat bot feature sounds really cool!

6 Likes

lol tysm for strings could you delete my two posts that need approval pls?

6 Likes

Broadcast and asking for input block! This is gonna make my hopscotch coding super exciting

7 Likes

This sounds cool- but I don’t have the subscription :pensive:

9 Likes

lol this seems like the most epic update ever. Is it already released?

7 Likes

(y e s)

8 Likes

Wait…I’m not a subscriber to hopscotch :cry:

8 Likes

lol I actually had managed to make a chatbot without strings a while ago
of course it was very basic but…

7 Likes

This is going to be awesome, ahh ty!

8 Likes

epiccc now i could make Grumbot

No i wasnt the one who made Grumbot
Grian and Mumbo did

8 Likes

Hang on…no update appears:

7 Likes

Same with me :((

6 Likes

Same here.

6 Likes

Isnt the update only for subs?

5 Likes

You’ll have to go to the update section to see it if it’s already released

7 Likes

Yep just released it! :rocket:

11 Likes

Thanks so much guys. This seems epic.
Is there a new block to bring the real keyboard up in game? If not that would be nice.

7 Likes

oooh epiccc

beta only, don’t have sub but still very cool and can’t wait to see when/if it comes out to everyone

7 Likes

Are you challenging the community to a chatbot challenge?

6 Likes