Version 3.41.5 Official Topic

Hi Hopscotchers!

With this version, two new blocks were added:

• “Floor”: gets the closest integer that is less than or equal to the number
  • “Ceiling”: gets the closest integer that is greater than or equal to the number

The following bugs were also fixed in this version:

• New subscribers who closed the app or experienced loss of connectivity during signup were unable to create a Hopscotch account
  • Guest accounts were unable to see the option to turn on the beta editor (a subscription is still required to enable this feature)
  • When opening a draft with only 1 character, users had to tap several times to select the object
  • When pressing the “back” or “clear” button, the text “back” or “clear” was displaying in the number parameter slot
  • When opening a project with 3 or fewer objects, users weren’t able to select or drag a grayed out object by tapping on its “add code” button

Enjoy! :rocket:

25 Likes

Wow, cool! New blocks

4 Likes

Ooh cool

3 Likes

New topic!

3 Likes

Funny, I ran into that bug for the first time an hour ago.

Than’s for fixing these bugs!

4 Likes

Hopscotch is starting to feel like a “real” coding language! And Seeds is also a great idea, too! Amazing job on the updates, and keep up the good work!

Could you add string variables or more string blocks such as string concoction or splitting?

7 Likes

amazing

3 Likes

I was thinking about a block for detecting and rendering certain specific integers … amazing job. So glad to see this.

3 Likes

I have a question regarding the ‘set origin’ block - what does it do?

4 Likes

It sets the bottom left corner position of the object.

I have more info here, but it’s outdated since they changed origin from top left to bottom left and moved it out of beta:

4 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Great, nice work with the bug fixes and new features!

Something I’d like to revive the thought of is support on different platforms, like Android or maybe even the web. Hopscotch is different enough from other web platforms and this movement would really expand the potential audience for HS.

6 Likes

Ooh nice update

7 Likes

yay new blocks

4 Likes

yayyy new blocks i might never use

4 Likes

New blocks! Yay! These blocks will be very important to me. Thank you!

5 Likes

lol I’ve always wanted these. Thanks THT.

5 Likes

Yay! New blocks. I’m very excited to use them.

5 Likes

Yay nice! Ty!

6 Likes

Although maybe you should find a clearer name lol because when I saw “floor” and “ceiling” I was like “what on earth is this even!?!?”

3 Likes