Version 3.39.3 Official Topic

Here are the release notes:

Happy Holidays Hopscotchers! The winter contest deadline fast approaching. Start coding to submit your entry on time!

Last time, we brought z-index out of beta. This time, we’re also bringing the “get z-index” trait block out of beta. Yay!

This release has a few bug fixes before we all go on vacation.

• You would think that 6 - 5.9 == 0.1, but floating-point math is complicated, and for a while in Hopscotch, it didn’t. We fixed it for you, and you’re welcome!
  • Some of you pointed out that our handy “Editing” label on the stage was making that area unusable in your project. We’ve fixed that too.
  • Lastly, there was an edge case where your variables would get set in the wrong order. We’ve rearranged the code so that should not happen anymore.
18 Likes

Oh nice, thank you for this!

7 Likes

Cool! This is great

6 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for the update, and have a nice vacation! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Much thanks and happy holidays!

5 Likes

Cool, thanks! Happy holidays!

4 Likes

Sic update!
Happy holidays :))

6 Likes

Thanks for all the recent updates! You guys have been very active recently

7 Likes

:santa::innocent::heart::evergreen_tree::christmas_tree::sparkles:Nice! Happy Holidays! :sparkles: :christmas_tree::evergreen_tree::heart::innocent::santa:

5 Likes

HAPPY CHRISTMAS OR HOLIDAYS OR X-MAS OR FREE-PRESENTS-YAY!!!

1 Like

Set blocks are still executing in the wrong order when followed by a custom ability with a conditional as the 1st rule.

Link to bug post (see Case 2)

3 Likes

When was the deadline again?

2 Likes

Today

2 Likes

Like the 22nd?

2 Likes

Yep.
It was yesterday actually, I think, it said publish your project by the 22nd.

3 Likes

Today is 22nd…

Oh I understand nvm

2 Likes

:clap: UPDATE :clap: HOPSCOTCH :clap: RIGHT :clap: NOW :clap:

2 Likes

Dude calm down, let them take their time. It’s better to have a good update every 2 months than an OK one every week. I’m not saying I didn’t like the updates every two weeks, just saying that if they stopped more regular updates, there’s probably a reason.

3 Likes

Greatest 3 words to calm someone down lol

3 Likes