Variable to count number of fingers touching the screen

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

A variable counting how many fingers are currently touching the screen, similar to total objects but with touches.

I’d use it for this type of project:

Projects where you need pinch to zoom would be much easier with it.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

Same as before.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

I haven’t that I can think of. (Though @Awesome_E seems to have. Check the second post)

14 Likes

Javascript touches.length (list)

7 Likes

Cool! I’d love this being implemented! It would be like a clone index but for touches? Or it would be something like “finger that touched this object”?

3 Likes

I was thinking like total objects, where it is just a number saying how many places the screen is being touched.

4 Likes

Oh ok…

1 Like

You could code this

2 Likes

How would you decrease it when just one finger is taken off? If it is the last touch, it will run when not pressed rules. I’m not sure about others, but what if all the fingers are removed at once? It’d be easier to find a way around needing this.

Just because there are other ways to do things doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be added.

4 Likes

I’ll try to code it k?

1 Like

Well yeah… r u angry at me? I didn’t meant to be rude because of the post in the GPUT, u r a really good Coder and u were my idol once, don’t misunderstand me, still the Unix timestamp block is something just 0.1% of users or smth like that know how to use, and you where the one that gave me the idea on how to use it

2 Likes

No, why would you think that?

Yeah I know. Not sure what I’d misunderstand though.

How is your progress on this?

4 Likes

Oof I couldn’t lol, ig this would be a brand new feature

1 Like

This would be awesome, @Petrichor!

2 Likes

Wow, that is an amazing and creative idea! I am pretty sure that this would be useful and easy to implement.

3 Likes

Interesting! Noted.

6 Likes