A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

The ability to delete variables

I’d use it for this type of project:

For when I accidentally create a variable

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

Cleanliness of code

Here is an example design I’ve made:

Don’t have one, just add a delete like in the ability delete/rename screen

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

nothing

18 Likes

I agree, this happens to me a lot, so usually, I just re-name the variable. But it would be great if we could do delete the variable.

8 Likes

Great idea! :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Nice idea
I’d love to see this implemented

8 Likes

oh I recently emailed Ana about this (4 weeks ago?) and she told me that we will have this soon

7 Likes

Yeah! You can remove it through JSON editing, but it would be nice to have a more convenient way.

6 Likes

Ooh, that sounds awesome

6 Likes

Great idea. It fully works with my shortcut at the moment and wouldn’t be great to see implemented.

I’d also like to see a mass select and move/delete feature (blocks, variables and objects), but that’d take some design.

4 Likes

Yeah that would be cool

4 Likes

yay! im so excited

6 Likes

It works on AE’s Siri Shortcut, but interesting idea on Hopscotch :clap:.
(Awesome @Rodrik834)

6 Likes

I agree! Actually deleting a variable is something I have been needing, although I just usually rename variables. With that said, I think that this definitely would be an awesome feature that also would be pretty easy to implement (I think).

5 Likes

Wdym? Don’t you like the idea?

2 Likes

This is an excellent idea!

4 Likes

I think it was a typo

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing for a long time.

My irl friend also contacted THT a few years ago and they said they’d add the feature soon.

3 Likes

You remember that? Woah

4 Likes

Yeah.

Rare occasion, right? =(B^))

3 Likes

I want this to be added too. It’s pretty annoying when you create a variable that you don’t need, and you have to rename it to useless Varible (at least I do this)

3 Likes

Yeah I do it too

4 Likes