Valgo's Tutorial Central!

helpwithcode

What is this?

This is a post where I will post some of my tutorials. I will edit this post when I have a new tutorial. Table of contents below.

Table of contents:

1. Clones and Clone IDs (Making different clones do different things.

1. Clones and Clone IDs

This will be useful for things like pixel art, where you want clones of the same object to do different things.

Initial Code

The first rule here will create your clones and increment your value that determines the "Clone ID".
NOTE:
A clone ID is the whole idea behind this. It is an object value (like speed, and rotation) that we will use to figure out which clone is which.
Here is your general code:

This rule is what will give the clone its ID. It is very simple.

There are 2 routes you can take in order to make the clones do different things:

Route 1: Separate rules

The code will look something like this for each rule:

Route 2: If statements

You will probably need more If blocks, but for the sake of this example, I used 2.

End of tutorial

That is a very basic tutorial on how to get started with this. If you have any questions, let me know. Remember, mention that you are talking about this tutorial (By saying something like "Talking about tutorial 1").

First like and reply! :slight_smile:
Also, great tutorial!

Great tutorial Senpai Zap!!

Bookmark! c: :stuck_out_tongue:

Great tutorial.
Also if you wanted individual clones moving without effecting their speed, you could use "Set Angle" and use decimal places to make each clone an individual with no noticeable effect on the clones angle.
When clones made,
Set angle to "Angle'
increase "Angle" by .01
Decimals can also work with other traits like invisibility,size etc

Great tutorial! I'm definetly going to use this!

Great tutorial! I might use this although I don't often use clones :slight_smile:

Yep that's a great tip! Decimals is a cool way. I usually add 100 if I'm using invisibility so that the object stays invisible if I need it to, and then subtract 100 if I want to use the Clone ID (great name by the way, Clone ID). I did try adding 360 for rotation but I'm not sure if the app was recording it only as a number between 0 and 360 though. But you can also do the same with speed, like adding 9999 to the Clone ID and storing it in speed so it still moves fast, and just subtracting 9999 (or whatever big number) when you are using the Clone ID again.

I did try decimals with a few things as well a while ago, but then certain blocks were rounding off the numbers and the Clone ID became lost, so I stopped using it. But I haven't tried it in the new update yet, so it might have been fixed.

And this is a really helpful tutorial, Valgo! Thank you for sharing it :smiley:

@KVJ, why do you always call @Valgo Zap?

It's my nickname for him

Oh. How did you think of that nickname?

Awesome tutorial! Here's a like :heart:, a bookmark and a cloud :cloud:︎.

and don't forget the smiley :slight_smile:

@t1_hopscotch didn't you make ur pixel art with invis x -1?

@Valgo
Great tutorial!
I'll put this on watching!

Whoah :0 you must be a smart hopscotcher!

He's really an awesome HSer!