V2.3.0 beta9 Release Notes Summary (New Features & Bug Fixes) 4/24

I know some of you guys are asking why these features haven’t shown up yet. I believe THT approves certain features that get released in these betas. We could get these features immediately, or it could be a month or two. When a full patch gets released, like v2.3.0 I’m pretty sure more things are mandatory. I also keep getting thanked for making these updates, this is not the case. The Discourse Team makes the updates. If you want to thank them head over to: https://meta.discourse.org/c/praise

All images provided by Discourse.

Discourse v2.3.0 Beta9 Release Notes Summary

Flash Summary:

• Usernames now support all Unicode characters, not just ASCII. However we can toggle them on and off for use (the leaders/admins). Do you want them or not? We have had ASCII character abuse in the past…

• TL4 can now add notes above posts as a warning. I believe the user also can’t tell who gave them the warning, which is helpful.

• Unread/New Topics are now restricted to the past 90 days. This is to improve performance.

• New user groups layout. It now looks a lot more organized (again once we update the version)

• You can now use local dates, which will update with the time zone that someone is in. For example if I posted 9:00 PM EST it would show up as 8:00 PM CST.*
    2019-04-26T02:00:00Z

• Dates now have their own button in the toolbar.*

As always head over to here for the full release notes:

@thecoders
:arrow_up: You will only get tagged if you are in this tag list

21 Likes

Of course the HTML broke lol

6 Likes

I think the TL4 warnings are a good thing instead of posting or editing
It makes it anonymous @Anonoumys

7 Likes

What do you mean by ASCII character abuse? Taking a Unicode Character that looks a lot like another letter and putting it in an offensive word? (Also, could I join ‘The Coders’?)

5 Likes

You could put in a very long single character to break the user UI. We reported the bug to Discourse and they fixed it for us.

5 Likes

Also yes I will add you, although keep in mind you could have joined just by going to the page and clicking “Join Group”

4 Likes

Cool!
The setting to not jump to your post after you reply is gone too, and I noticed there’s a feature to ignore users now.

4 Likes

Oh wait you have already joined the group

2 Likes

Yeah I reported that a few betas ago. This basically confirms that yeah…we do get a lot of if not all of these features eventually.

4 Likes

Yes ﷽ very well

3 Likes

This is a screenshot of what the card looked like before I joined. Where is the ‘Join’ button?

2 Likes

Okay. ﷽. Nice to know.

2 Likes

this very useful, thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unicode user names are probably hard to do because you might need to copy and paste something every time you log in

is it okay if i ask why you include that in a few of your posts?

2 Likes

We were bug testing for Discourse. We discovered that it actually broke the whole New Topics screen.

4 Likes

alright, thank you!

2 Likes

Cool update, I really like it!

2 Likes

Are we going to be able to do Unicode usernames?
That’s going to be so awesome!

2 Likes

whats unicode

2 Likes