Username not appearing

Your username:
LR10123 on hopscotch forum and !trAevoLI on hopscotch
What kind of device are you using?:
7th generation IPad
1 sentence description of the problem
I was searching in the search bar on hopscotch for my friend and she didn’t appear

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. They can make sure that peoples username appears even if it’s not the original one
  2. Make sure everyone’s usernames appear.

I expected this to happen:
I expected my friend to appear when I searched them
But instead this happened:
She didn’t appear
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

14 Likes

ah actually i had the same problem for a while, before i changed my username. how long has they had their account for?

8 Likes

Once I had this same problem. There was someone I really wanted to find so I searched for them but their name didn’t appear. I think this happens when someone changes their username. The name only pops up when you search for the first name that they had.

7 Likes

Since February this year

6 Likes

The search thing is just plain messed up, it’s annoying. I’m also surprised that it hasn’t been fixed

13 Likes

It appears to search for keywords when searching for user names.

9 Likes

Even I had the same problem.
I was looking for somebody in the search option, but their name did not appear.

9 Likes

okay, that happened to me for a while
when i changed my username, only then did it start to appear. maybe she should try to change it to smth?

6 Likes

Maybe she could change it to something rarer, like ironing board, then change it back once her friend sees it?

6 Likes

I have noticed this too - I think there is some kind of delay in the search function. Has your friend changed the name of her account? If yes, when did she change it? (the same question that others already have mentioned above)

6 Likes

Yeah I have the same thing. I changed my user, and now when I look it up nothing shows up. It still shows up when you look up the old one though.

8 Likes

Yeah this happens for some accounts (like Silvie’s for example, though it’s not happening anymore)

It’s annoying and hopefully it will be fixed soon

7 Likes

She tried changing it and then changing it back, but her username still doesn’t appear. Although she managed to find one of my projects and we are now following each other, I think the bug should be fixed.

5 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I’m happy you’ve managed to find each other in this particular case though!

5 Likes

This also happens when trying to log back in

5 Likes

Oh thats very bad. And you can never search my account because I was a guest and forgot my ‘guest number’ or whatever.

2 Likes

Yeah I think Hopscotch’s search system could definitely use improvement somehow XD P.S. your avatar makes me want orange chicken…

4 Likes

Oof, well at least you found each other!

4 Likes

Uh…Hopscotch? Also worth noting none of these are the actual celestialteleportersans (and yes I tried searching it with :b:ans.)

P.S. I just accidentally figured out how to do this

3 Likes

This has been going on for a long time.

Ghost :ghost: :ghost: saw this thing in 2017 with a user called Soup6000 [Eddie]. He tried to search that user up, but there were no results that matched the username. For the record, he checked, and that user never changed their username.

3 Likes