Updating projects with custom art & advanced mode without sub

1 sentence description of the problem:
When updating a project with custom art hopscotch prompts for 50 seeds and makes a remix instead of updating.

Steps to reproduce the problem every time:
(Start in a blank draft if possible)

1. Update project with custom art

I expected this to happen:
To update
But instead this happened:
It made a remix

Screenshots/video:

1. https://files.catbox.moe/3gyzpv.MOV

2. https://files.catbox.moe/1iumff.MOV
    If this video does not work click this

Your username: Rapterdragon83

Device type, iOS version:
iPad 6th gen IOS 15.7
Hopscotch version & player version:
(you can go to :gear: > “About”, and take a screenshot)

Post extended 1/2/2023
When I try to go back to one of the “updated” projects that I unpublished I can’t even access them now. Even through I could “update them”.

8 Likes

First post

6 Likes

Your video seemed to have expired (for me, anyways. I got a slash on the play button). For bug reports, it’s best if your videos do not expire at all (so just use regular old catbox for this one).

6 Likes

Works for me.
I’m not using “regular old cat box?”

6 Likes

Might be my internet then. Let me try smth:

I just embedded your video. Strange why it never works for me, but you can see yours just fine…

Try linking it from another topic that has your video in it…

6 Likes

The video finally worked. Could you also provide a link to your other video? For context. The video you provided alone is not enough to show you actually tapped Publish Update rather than Publish Remix by mistake.

5 Likes

Ok thanks done.

5 Likes

Ok, great.

I also looked closer to the payment requirement alert you got and noticed it said “…to remix this custom art project,” even though you CLEARLY tapped Publish Update. Let’s hope this gets resolved soon.

Let’s also hope this wasn’t made this way intentionally just because of something related to custom art…

5 Likes

Yha I noticed that too

5 Likes

Is there anyone I should tag a this or will they just see it?

5 Likes

Not really. Most of the leaders and moderators are automatically tagged when bug reports are created, as they have this category on Watching.

4 Likes

@Crosbyman64 updated post ^^

2 Likes

thanks for reporting this!

I think the problem is that you’re trying to access a project with advanced mode and art without a subscription, which has always been tricky, because technically you would need subscription to access those features. I will see what I can do about this, but it’s not exactly a bug per se.

3 Likes

The reason why, when you tapped on “update” it saved to your profile instead is because your project has advanced mode. And you cannot remix or publish (update is also included as a part of “publish”) advanced mode projects without a subscription, the default bahavior is to save to profile instead.

I can refund you the 50 seeds you spent for custom art.

3 Likes

Sooo I can’t update projects even though there was only custom art?

1 Like

I think you project was created when you have advanced mode turned on, which makes it an advanced-mode project. This means that even if you didn’t use any of the advanced mode features or coding blocks in the project itself, it’s still considered an advanced mode project.

3 Likes

Ok dang it…

1 Like

I refunded your seeds

4 Likes

I could edit your project and make it not require advanced mode (since you said it has no advanced mode exclusive blocks), but ONLY if I’m allowed to. I’ll have to ask for permission first.

Edit: better yet, I could teach you how to do this so you don’t get that permanent remix watermark on your project. I recommend you get the Project Composer Shortcut for this one. All you really need to do is set “Requires Beta Editor” to false.

Note: doing this is not practical, and it could lead to partial or total data-loss. Awesome_E is not responsible for any code that may be lost.

2 Likes

I just updated the category because it wasn’t a bug per se (the project also had advanced mode).

2 Likes