Updating in Hopscotch?

What if we could update our games in Hopscotch? So like that, instead of remixing every time to do a bug fix, you have an update button.

18 Likes

Great idea.

8 Likes

Hey that’s pretty neat! Maybe you could elaborate a little more?

6 Likes

Forget what I said. I got it wrong. Awesome idea by the way. I was thinking about this too. This way when you get a featured for example it will be up to date.

2 Likes

This would be awesome! Though, how about, when you update, it goes straight to the top of your published, @FunDardo?

3 Likes

Wow, that would be truly amazing! OTA (Over The Air) - updates would be super cool to have in Hopscotch!

4 Likes

Yeah! That and cloud variables, would be amazing.

4 Likes

What in the world happened to the featured page?

4 Likes

Yeah. True. although THT will be the one making this feature, so if they decide to add this, we will see what they will do.

1 Like

Game changers = new Featured

old featured = new categories.

it’s so much more organised this way!

1 Like

Thanks, noted!

8 Likes

Been waiting for this for a long time… Hopefully it’ll happen

2 Likes

Yes! I was going to say this idea but then found this lol, as in geometry dash!

2 Likes

This is a good idea, but there’s one problem: it would defeat the purpose of making a separate v(insert update version here) project, which a lot of people tend to like.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the whole point, I think.

2 Likes

Btw, I’d like to point out that one by one, these people are requesting Scratch features, and I don’t want THT to make Hopscotch look like it copied Scratch too much.

2 Likes

Scratch has updating? I never knew that.

1 Like

What if the intention of requesting the feature is not to copy Scratch but to make Hopscotch better?

3 Likes

Also Scratch and HS are not the only coding platforms. Most coding platforms contain the same features. We don’t know what other platforms has the updating feature. So it is not really copying Scratch.

4 Likes

I know that is true, but I’m just saying, people who work for the MIT (which created Scratch) might look at Hopscotch, and then that’s where it starts.